pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi All,

I have recently been following a close friend who studied his tournament play over the past year alternating 6 months with different tourney times to see if there was any correlation with results and performance - it was interesting to see that his performances/results improved with playing games that were out of his normal time zone..

It led to me thinking that from my own past experience over the past 25 years that my best results game when I either was up late/early hours of BST morning.

Do you have a strategy when playing late? Is it key to pick the best times as often the games we want/have the best action are scheduled when we don't want them?

Whats your experience? Im keen to know what you think.

AR AR AR - Pirateglenn

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I usually play in the evenings, because there is time. I have played sometimes in the mornings and a few times in the noon. The results at the begginings where a little better, but later they became like in the evenings. This happened because of the change. The change caused a refresh to the game and as a result better results occured. Then the results met my general picture!

umyt

umyt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can only play from 20-00 to 23-00 at night

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only play at night, because I did not insult with my other family members with it, and not really make an impact on my daily schedule. Just 'll be a little bit tired the next day. I often start playing between 19:21 , this is for me the optional.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play when I have free time. In fact, the time of day does not affect my results. So my strategy is to play poker when I have a good mood and free time.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it is more likely not to be faced with too many good players in the same tournament at certain times of the day. it is advisable to play on Saturday or Sunday morning because generally there are few regular players who connect. when our opponents have a lower level of play. we are more likely to achieve a good result.

V

Vlad Nesterenko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, playing in the morning, you can see that my results are slightly better than in the evening, I don’t know why this is .. maybe because of the field, or maybe the brain works differently

B1731898

B1731898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like playing whenever I can. Morning, noon, night, and wee hours of the morning. Any chance I get, as long as I'm awake, I don't see a difference in results. For me at least.

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, in principle, any time of the game, even though night or day, the main thing is that I get enough sleep and focus on the game and without any hurry!

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Usually, I play poker in the evenings. I do not like to play poker in the morning because at that time of day, I usually lack patience.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have not made such notes but even if there is some truth in that i have limited time to play (usually in the evenings after work) so can not afford to pick tournaments for example at 03:00 AM as if i do so i will not perform well at work the next day. Moreover the tournaments that i like to play most are indeed in the evening in my time zone EET.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I like to play in the evenings and at night. I have noticed that this is the best time for me, because I am in no hurry and I can play fairly concentrated.
Good luck.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I can only play poker until late at night during the week because during the day I am at work. I do not have very good results because fatigue occurs and I hurry to make decisions that are not the best because I am thinking that I have to sleep because I have several hours and go to work. One major difference I observed when playing on weekends during the day, my game is much better, I make other decisions and I am not under the pressure of time and fatigue. In poker it is quite well known that you have to play when you have the best moments but it does not depend entirely on us.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your results should be better, if you play at times, where games are soft. And which times, that is, will depend on your time zone as well as the site, you are playing. For the traditional western facing sites like pokerstars the worst time to play is during the Asian time zone evening hours, because at that time few recreational players are on the site, especially on work days. But if you play on an Asian facing platform like GG Poker, that might be a little different.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
The correct time to play should be that in which we have nothing more to do ... I mean free time ... never play in hours in which we have pending matters to do because that would not let us be focused and much less enjoy the I play quietly ...!

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I play appoint day and night my results are better night I think why I'm more focused for not having more commitment :icon_thum

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always did well playing late Friday and Saturday night. Was something that excited me about the weekend. Now though, rather play when all is right mentally and emotionally. Playing less allows me to stay focused on the game with more enthusiasm about the MTT.

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't recommend playing after just having woken up. Better to play in the afternoon/evening, after you've finished doing whatever it is that you do during the day.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi mate.If I have time and really want to play some poker no matter which time of the day for a better result.

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like I play better and have better results at night. I'm much more relaxed and patient. There are more fish playing and the prize pools are usually bigger.

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Morning of course.;) But I can’t always play at this time.:mad:

elJenio8

elJenio8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play most at night..

But its not that important, the important thing is when to quit when you are losing

heeyjean

heeyjean

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, but it sounds to be possible and certainly interesting. I'd probably check this soon and see if something changes.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I adapt to the schedules depending on the tournament, I do not have a specific schedule in which my game is better or worse, the important thing I think is to play with desire no matter what else:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Unfortunately, many poker rooms are aimed at Western players . Because of this, I have to play at night . It's especially hard when tournaments start early in the morning . This affects the quality of the game !

Last edited: