B

blueleaf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In poker stars, sng is dead.

when party poker was the biggest, you have to register very quickly for sngs, otherwise you cant get a place, it is sad to see sng is dead.

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Players burn out from SNGs surprisingly fast, those who stop enjoying online poker are just part of the equation…

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Grinding SNGs is brutal.

It's boring and that is why most don't play them much anymore.

They are usually full of regs too which makes it even more painful.

You can still grind them and be profitable but you will be bald from pulling your hair out. Some people don't mind them but I couldn't play strictly SNGs these days.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You could make a profit on them but it gets boring.:):):)

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe they are not dead it's just that the new modalities that offer pokerstar have caused a migration of players that previously only played sng, I think the sng are still profitable and a good way to increase your bankroll, many players find them boring because the playing time is approximately 30-45 minutes and they know that the profit is small compared to the buy-in

R1temp

R1temp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm playing a cash game now. And I had an idea to try in SNG. don't you think it's worth it?

E

EL1t1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sng grinders used to be people who were breakeven or slight winners at regular higher stakes cash/tournaments, so they used to grind sngs instead and make profit via pokerstars rakeback system back when there used to be supernova elite and supernova, these days especially on stars, sngs are almost impossible to beat coz of the rake and their rakeback is just trash now, so not sure how profitable it is, but those "best" sng grinders most of them used to be bad regs or slight winners so they just grinded for the rake & perks that SNE gave :)

odo333

odo333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone is playing to earn. When playing in sng you have to beat a lot of competitors and the wins often do not reflect the number of players you have lost, depending on the buy-in. Most players choose table games, where they quickly find out that they are on the plus or minus side

C

Calculus

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Let’s say you play 200 SnG 5$(total stake 1000$) and gets in the cash for 1100$.

1100 - 1000 = 100$ of total winnings = ROI of 10% which is really good.

That’s lousy 0,5$ in salary for each tournament.

Not worth it by far in moneyterms but for fun sit n go is still the best I think. It’s like a final table directly.

John Turnner

John Turnner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are still enough SNG players
So we play and play together.
Not nothing spring, everything ends.

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let’s say you play 200 SnG 5$(total stake 1000$) and gets in the cash for 1100$.

1100 - 1000 = 100$ of total winnings = ROI of 10% which is really good.

That’s lousy 0,5$ in salary for each tournament.

Not worth it by far in moneyterms but for fun sit n go is still the best I think. It’s like a final table directly.

But play 200 $50 sng with same roi that's $1000 profit. Average 6 max takes 30mins so 2 an hour. Play 4 tables at a time that's 8 an hour. 25 hours to play 200, so that's $40 per hour.

So in terms of the title of this thread yes people can make a living on sit n go but you need one hell of a bankroll to start :laugh:

H

Hatchetlewis

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to play SnG's on PKR before it was deleted but I find you can earn more for your time on turbo tourneys. I'd still play the SnG if I'm short on time for that day.

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to play SnG's on PKR before it was deleted but I find you can earn more for your time on turbo tourneys. I'd still play the SnG if I'm short on time for that day.

I miss PKR lol

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sit-n goes are awesome. What. Are you calling me old? Get off my lawn.

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you can dedicate and make a great volume every day, I believe that it can be profitable in SNG.
I particularly do not like to play this mode

cleder7

cleder7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my SNG game history I have had more winnings than losses. But I think it's a game type you need to be luckier than the others, because you have a shorter blinds time. That's why it's not my favorite game.

Mr_Hand

Mr_Hand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to crush the $24 180 turbo sng's on FullTilt. I would 4 table them for about 3hrs in the evenings through the week. I made 1k per month profit doing that level. Can you make a living? Not at those stakes. I had a day job. But I sure miss the side money poker used to provide for me.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I love sng's (no secret there) and miss playing them. It's like Calculus stated, "you're literally at the final table". I made a lot of small time winnings playing sng's early on because the $ is/was only 5 to 6 players away, depending on where you played. I can remember going on an 18 game cash/winning streak at 'Doyles Room' (anybody remember that site?) playing mainly sng's. Even at Lock Poker (shiesty fux) had soft sng games. Nowadays I play them every day at ignition, and it's helping me maintain a roll, there.
As far as making a living at them you would have to play at least $10 buy-ins and cash/win at least 10 a day, perhaps winning 2 and cashing in at least 4 more. At that rate you could pull in, at playing a full ring of 9 players, $90 for 2 wins and, at minimum, $60 more. So you're looking at $110 a day, $770 a week, and around $3280 a month. That's a livable wage, I would assume. Add in some mtt cashes and a weekend trny cash a nice roll could be within reach. It takes some dedication, though. Happy sit-n-going! :top:

Loonbat

Loonbat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, like many others, I went through a SnG phase where I would play up to 24 SnGs at a time (on Stars). I guess my question is "is there currently a site where you can still get tremendous grind volume with SnGs?"

Thanks!

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
SnGs had always had something that made me like them a lot, although I really can't explain what it is.

This format of playing a small-field "tourney" and when you get busto you are busto and move to the next, was always appealing to me. But the truth is that their grinding is brutal nad boring. But there are a few guys out there who still make money playing SnGs.

Mr_Hand

Mr_Hand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, like many others, I went through a SnG phase where I would play up to 24 SnGs at a time (on Stars). I guess my question is "is there currently a site where you can still get tremendous grind volume with SnGs?"

Thanks!

Poker has been losing momentum since Black Friday. However, I think poker is getting another rise in popularity. As that happens, I think you will see more opportunities for grinding. Unfortunately, it will still probably take some time to get there. Until it's been restored to the US, it will never be what it was.

J

jdmBlue

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to be a dominate player to profit from sit and go`s. I played them for about 2 years and was in the money 62.5% of the time while winning 11% of the time. That was just barely getting me some money. The rewards for multi-table tournaments are so much better that I don`t even want to spend time with sit and go`s anymore.