The optimal play AA

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are UTG with 40BB in a 9ring, MP players are loose, BB too. You have AsAd after the break. you raise 4x, the MP1 with 19BB 3bet x7, MP2 with 70BB calls, everybody folds. You 4bet 20x, they call. Flop is 7s7d9s. Whay would u do after?

S

SharkFinn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I'm reading this correctly then you'd only have about 25% of the pot left in your stack, and MP1 is already all in? So with those attacks just shove the rest in, given the stack to pot that shouldn't be scaring MP2 away

D

Drake2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
call

I would definitely give all in, as I would hardly have a 7 on the flop and bluff and your equity is better.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On a raised pot looks like a good flop for AA. Keep betting.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

All in. there is nothing to think about here. If someone tries to suck out on you it will be expensive. You also have a max runner flush draw.

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the flop, I would have jammed all in. They were willing to play ball and you were already in heavy. By the flop, yes an all is called for. The other guy could attempt a bluff and this just shuts him down from that. Then again, bluff from him and shove from you would be good.

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, can you believe that the villain called with this.
I did shove the flop.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 90
Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your stack is 40bb, you have a pocket pair of AA, you make a 3-bet, the opponent makes a re-raise, in this case you do not need to make a call or re-raise, you have only one move here is to put all-in.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You played badly on the preflop. Your first bet was very good, but when you have AA and get a re-raise from a short player, you have to go all in! You have the strongest and best hand, in this situation everything is very simple! The second player paid well when he called x7! To avoid a bad option for yourself, when you see the river, the second player must be knocked out, using all in and easily get chips when he made a call after the first player and all the chips of the first! In the current situation, you should not invent problems for yourself!

A

Al_ml_Dnn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Your stack is 40bb, you have a pocket pair of AA, you make a 3-bet, the opponent makes a re-raise, in this case you do not need to make a call or re-raise, you have only one move here is to put all-in.
Agree witht that one. Considering the action preflop you are risking to be pot committed on the flop by 4-betting to 20bb so instead a 4-bet shove looks like a better option. If villain still calls loose then nothing you can do but also nothing you can regret as you have the best hand preflop.

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You played badly on the preflop. Your first bet was very good, but when you have AA and get a re-raise from a short player, you have to go all in! You have the strongest and best hand, in this situation everything is very simple! The second player paid well when he called x7! To avoid a bad option for yourself, when you see the river, the second player must be knocked out, using all in and easily get chips when he made a call after the first player and all the chips of the first! In the current situation, you should not invent problems for yourself!
Yes you are right, however I think that the other fella was going to call anyway because he was playing this way all the time.

Sakisdask

Sakisdask

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lol what happen there of cource and call you this is one badBeat man!!

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes you are right, however I think that the other fella was going to call anyway because he was playing this way all the time.

I can argue with you. But maybe you're telling the truth, because we can't imagine what player 2 would do. But you have 40bb (player 2 has 70bb), when you play all in, he has to bet more than 50% of the pot.. I don't know.. I think you should give more statistics about the tournament: what stage, what prizes, how many people are left before the prizes or is it the final table? I do not know any of this, and it is difficult to talk about the possibility of making a very large call!

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely in this case all in is the optimal solution. But AA ofc is not invincibile.

There's a saying: small cards brings big pots, guess that works pretty much of the time :D

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
With the pre-flop action this is an easy shove.

I also don't mind a pre-flop shove. A pot sized raise after the 3-bet and call would be 33.5BB, so shoving with 40BB is not crazy and you pick up a nice sized pot at little risk, or will normally be heads up with a huge advantage.

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You've already invested a lot in the pot. I think you can go all-in straight away in this situation. The flop only helps a few players. A C-bet is therefore mandatory and then you can go all-in right away.

S

Shay

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sooooo if we let them get to the flop and that happens should we fold?:confused:

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sooooo if we let them get to the flop and that happens should we fold?:confused:

You repeat the question of the author of the topic) No! In this situation, it is impossible to fold on the flop! When you have the best hand and get a re-raise from your opponent, you have to play the preflop very aggressively, but if you played poorly, the flop gives you another chance and you have to play all in, except for one situation, I think! When there are 3 cards of the same suit on the flop, but your aces do not fall into this suit, and this is very dangerous for you (a flash draw for the opponent), you need to play carefully!

Kenad_MNE

Kenad_MNE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just push the rest to the middle, but in those spots, a lot of times against loose players, if you straight shove pre, usualy you will get at least 1 caller

A

alge0815

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep betting. I probably would put All in because it is hard to believe that the others have a 7 in their pocket.

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You are UTG with 40BB in a 9ring, MP players are loose, BB too. You have AsAd after the break. you raise 4x, the MP1 with 19BB 3bet x7, MP2 with 70BB calls, everybody folds. You 4bet 20x, they call. Flop is 7s7d9s. Whay would u do after?

There are a lot of situations that can happen with AA . What is the stage of the tournament, what is the stack, what are the options ....There is only a wish not to put AA in the multi-mode, the power of this hand immediately disappears ... One - on-one is the most winning olin . In general, you should not always be confident in your hands in long tournaments...Always evaluate the situation and outplay your opponents with your skill rather than looking for simple ways like Ollin .

srurrr

srurrr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
keep betting or check raise. bet size is 33% and trigger the opponent to blaff all in.

WickedFRoST

WickedFRoST

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
personally, I would have shoved preflop. As strong of a hand as AA might be, you still don't want to play against multiple opponents. If they fold, well, great then, you won a lot of dead money. But if one of them calls, you are a huge favorite.

And as for the situation you described, Its definitely an allin situation on any flop. your Stack to Pot ratio is to high, you are very committed, and cannot ever fold