Open skill league changes

P

PW300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ps have finally decided to change the format of their open skill league, which will hopefully make it more about skill and less luck. You are no longer going to lose points by going out early, which I thought was unfair in the first place. You could never play hands early on because no matter what cards u have, a donk always seems to catch something against you.
They are also limiting the number of tournaments you can play each month which seems sensible. Hopefully these changes will benefit the proper players.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Oh good to know! this seems pretty fair to me. I like the league/point system idea like that!

B

bigjay2007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These tourneys are crazy, thousands of players and no real cash to win. A waste of time for the most part. Not sure if you can gain points another way? Just doesn't make any sense to me.

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
possitive changes as I see it.
It's fair to say that that prelim (or whatever they call the 1 step) will be ashove fest but high-masters might be a good way to make some BR. Sop props on that!

P

PeteyPablo3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thousands of players and no real money.but there is a good master who will overcome

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Read the changes I do not know what they will bring, but something tells me that's not good. Knowing pokerstars and their quest to kill poker.

G

Gerb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds good, this makes it less about playing every tournament. Then again, removing the punishment for busting early will make it even more of a shove fest.

Lonelypactyx

Lonelypactyx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The new leagues will be more all-ins in the early stages, and it will be possible to save time, not spending too much because of the fear to get the downgrade.

trezvennick

trezvennick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like this changes! Now playing will be more interesting-good idea not take away points for the bad result and and the ability to play a certain number of tournaments a month, no more than-this is the best thing for me because I can not afford to spend a lot of time to poker!

M

masha535

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was in the first place , but difficult to resist as against your Prem hands may go of any player with at least 79 , 103 and so forth and the chances are very small that you will win ((((((

K

Kliedz Zivju

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
are these listed anywere the complete changes?

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
DallaS

DallaS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the changes since I did not play in the league because of the large number of tournaments. Now you can try.

I

ianleel

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
looks great cant wait tell april to try this new format

scorpi224

scorpi224

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you mean by losing points? Can you specify more please i play the skill league everyday and lose everytime xD i just wanna know what do you mean by that ?

K

Kliedz Zivju

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ahh cheers buddy thats great been looking all morning dont know how i missed it!!

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you mean by losing points? Can you specify more please i play the skill league everyday and lose everytime xD i just wanna know what do you mean by that ?

Ah it's just that in the current format you get points based on how long you survive and if you get kicked out soon enough points get deducted from the monthly ranking (in which you can win prizes).

ahh cheers buddy thats great been looking all morning dont know how i missed it!!

Np bro, it's quite hidden somewhere in the forum so no big surprise you missed it (I forget everytime where I can find it as well xD).

James_Moria

James_Moria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think , before playing such games you need to have a good experience, you must be ready to play them and to have your own model of playing !!!! And , ofcourse, remeber, nowhere without good luck!!!!

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think , before playing such games you need to have a good experience, you must be ready to play them and to have your own model of playing !!!! And , ofcourse, remeber, nowhere without good luck!!!!

Nah man the skill league is a great place to learn poker. Once you survive the early rounds alot of the players know to some extend what they are doing. So it's a good way to practice for free and maybe even win some :D

Senneville

Senneville

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why they dont make tournement for players making pokerschool with 100 % of finish.

First I do this poker school because I wanted to be a part of the game with player with the same skill or more. And thinking the '' open tourney '' was there for that kind of player.

So new rules comming this month? I will be on my way for sure.

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why they dont make tournement for players making pokerschool with 100 % of finish.

First I do this poker school because I wanted to be a part of the game with player with the same skill or more. And thinking the '' open tourney '' was there for that kind of player.

So new rules comming this month? I will be on my way for sure.

They do have 4 different stages now tho, so if you prove yourself in the lower leagues next month you'll get a shot at a higher tier. Also love that there's no longer a FPP requirement for the leaderboard bonusses. That makes it alot easier to build up a br without depositing.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I like most of the changes . It was about time for some new leagues to come . It very good that you don't have to play them all games , I mean that was not fair , some could share their accounts and play all or almost all games and get a lot of points . No more negative points , one more positive idea . I don't know if their speed will be faster , 5min blinds for ex , I have to check this somewhere or just wait and see :) but that I won't like .

Sounds good, this makes it less about playing every tournament. Then again, removing the punishment for busting early will make it even more of a shove fest.

I think that we will have less than half the donks we used to have , cause now there is a limit of how many games sb can play and also , if I am not mistaken , everybody plays in his league , I think the members of higher leagues won't be able to play for free to the lower leagues to mess the game cause they don't have the purpose of leaderboard like now happens at OSL .