Only 12 BB and the bubble is coming.

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are in the late stage of a tournament with only 12 BB and only two players left to blow up the bubble.:playingba
What would be the best strategy to reach the money?:)

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are in the late stage of a tournament with only 12 BB and only two players left to blow up the bubble.:playingba
with so few chips the best thing is not to risk, because if you go allin you CALL the players of the blinds, is what I can tell you with the little information you give, for example the BLINDS

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can throw a QQ or KK ..))
You have to be careful with AA ..)
:icon_king

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wait for bubble burst, and then play more lose trying to gather more chips

madjek

madjek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Look for spot to steal. If bb has like 20 bbs and you are in late or even middle position and all folds try to steal. 20bb stack is going to be tight. Not wanting to get ss'd at bubble. I def not "throwing" QQ or KK lol

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With a short stack of 12 BB, the main task is to avoid unnecessary risks. I try to wait for a premium hand, do not call and do not check, only go into the distribution with a raise from the late positions or with early, but with AA :)

M

microse

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Look for spot to steal. If bb has like 20 bbs and you are in late or even middle position and all folds try to steal. 20bb stack is going to be tight. Not wanting to get ss'd at bubble. I def not "throwing" QQ or KK lol

But...but...but the bubble! KK and QQ are apparently trash now! [emoji849]

Definitely can’t be tossing out premium cards. At this stage everyone tightens up, which means the profitable play is to loosen up. You may sometimes bubble, but you’re setting yourself up for a deeper run in to the money which will pay off more in the long run. Gotta consider aggregate results, not single results.

pr0serbian

pr0serbian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can throw a QQ or KK ..))
You have to be careful with AA ..)
:icon_king

Why would you throw away QQ and KK? Is just returning of buyin and contining ultra short worth it? You have premium cards and also alot of fold equity .I could only imagine folding those hands on some satelite bubble or if you for example satelite for 1$ into sunday milion or some other high buyin mtt and making it into bubble is huge amount of money for your slim bankroll.Everything else is just nonsense.I hope you are just trolling lol hahah

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Recently I risked my stack on the bubble with AK, and lost from a villain who had AA and limped before me (well played by villanin, stupid of me).

On the bubble, my (new) strategy: do not risk losing your stack at all.
If you have a (very) good hand and the only opponents have less than half your stack, then take advantage, otherwise: fold.

For the mathematics you need to look at ICM.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When i am in the bubble with 12BB, I would only play KK or AA from any position, and QQ and maybe JJ from late position.
It also depends on the entry of the tournament, if it is micro limit I do not mind being eliminated in bubble with hands like TT AK AQ.

S

Streethawk71

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot depends on your stack size relative to the average - but most recommend this as the ideal opportunity to apply the maximum pressure on people who are happy to blind off waiting for someone else to go out.
12BB is ok to sit about waiting - but only if you're prepared to walk away with a min cash. If you came to min cash then that's fine, but i want to win it!
Quick tale - I was mentally dead in my seat at a recent national final after 8 hours of live play. If I'd been alert I could have stolen a good number of pots from when I had enough equity to risk getting to showdown. But, being tired and a bit worse for wear, I sat there until the bubble burst, but by then had about 4-5BB with too many big stacks on the last two tables about to not get called every time and expired realy quickly.
It was my fault because I decided to settle and take the £100 as I was tired.
But what I actually wanted was the final table place, increased prizes and ideally the trip to Vegas BABY!
Next time I'm going to make sure I'm alert enought and take advantage of those who aren't, what are you going to do?

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends on how many chips have the players with lowest chips. if they have less than 5 blinds you can play so tight and waiting for bubble to explode but if they have more than 8 blinds you need to play normal.

A

AcidHigh

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on your cards. Sometimes you gotta take a chance. Making it to the early money is alright but winning the tournament is the goal. I love how the payouts look at the final table. And I love the excitement

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold Fold Fold, until you get high pockets (aa,kk,qq) , high suited connectors (ak, aq, aj, a10) , once youre in the money , build up your stack!

A

AcidHigh

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold Fold Fold, until you get high pockets (aa,kk,qq) , high suited connectors (ak, aq, aj, a10) , once youre in the money , build up your stack!
I don't think I would go in with any less also

S

SuperPwn

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would look for spots to shove preflop and exploit other players that are afraid to lose on the bubble. Just make sure you're not shoving into too many players with too bad of a hand.

For example, shoving A5 for 12bb is perfectly fine from the button with 2 players left to act, but shoving A5 for 12bb from early position is dangerous because there are so many more opponents to get through and 1 or 2 of them may have a hand worth calling with.

Last edited:
T

TheShek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the table. If there is a big stack bossing everyone around, you'll have to tighten up and only play premiums. If it's folded to you in late position, as suggested above, you can shove a wider range into the blinds. This is the spot to pick up chips as many people play very tight, especially in free rolls and low stakes games. But as always, it depends on your opponents and how they are playing as to what strategy is best.

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am shoving. Any two will do at this point. I start looking for a shove spot as soon as I'm getting close to 20 BB. Waiting till you are under 15 BB is a mistake IMO. I adjusted a couple years ago and its been a better result in cashing.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With so few bb and only 2 players to the bubble, you would want to fold,fold,fold. Now if you were in last place chip position you would ultimately have to take a chance with one of the "big hands" such as aq, ak, or any pocket pair 10 or higher. The way I would play these type of hands is all in pre flop.Some say 88 and 99 should be played too but I haven't had much luck with those hands pre flop.

T

Tommyc9494

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You haven’t really specified whether the other players have higher stakes than you if so they might just play you out but I personally would fold and play all in if I have a monster chances are you will win the blinds and keep yourself in the game for another round

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
12bb is not so little if the structure of the tournament is not a turbo. You need to play very carefully and tight. Wait for a strong hand and go all-in only with a strong hand

Vuske111

Vuske111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wait,spent most time you can every hand,try to get in the money,and then when you bubble burst start playing more agressive and hope for double up

Ragequit

Ragequit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't fall into the trap of just trying to money. You're in the MTT to win it. An approaching bubble is an inflection point in the tournament, and one in which you should take full advantage of FEAR. If there are scared players in the blinds with small-medium stacks, you must decide if they are just trying to sneak into the money. If they are, then you should punish their blinds as much as possible and build your stack. Waiting until the bubble burst to make a move doesn't make sense, because by then everyone at your table will have resumed 'Normal Poker' and you your Fold Equity drops back down to baseline levels. Seize that stack building opportunity on every bubble.

M

Malette82

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Super tight till the bubble then be a Lil more loose afterwards if you stay tight after the bubble it becomes easier for you to get bullied