Online tournament breaks

Redbull199030

Redbull199030

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars every hour, the break is only 5 minutes, I think a break of 10 minutes would be better for the players to take a breath. What is your opinion?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I would like a longer break, but other times the break is already annoying, like if I just started playing 10 minutes ago. Its ok sometimes to just miss a few hands, if you cant finish, what you need to do, in 5 minutes. 888 Poker by the way has 6 minute breaks, which already helps a little bit.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that while 10 minute breaks would be nice sometimes, it's too long a ratio of break to playing time if they were all that way. Like Fundiver says, you can always miss a few hands if you need to (and sometimes your opponents will so that everything tends to balance out).

One option could also be like Stars had for 18-mans -- keeping in the 5-minute break but only doing every other hour. So it could be that most breaks are 5 minutes, but every several hours there's a 10-minute break to help out the tournament players.

Interesting too that 888 has 6 minute levels, I didn't know that :)

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree 5 minutes break is sometimes too short. If you play long tournament with hundreds of players and you want to eat something during the break it's really hard to do. 10 minutes break would be much better option

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer the break to last only 5 min. the game lasts less long and I am not trying to get too far from my PC.

Z

zhilipp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most I do in breaks is opening a Window for couple of minutes and ansering some texts to get back to focus right after the break. For me a longer break would make me do anything else that makes me lose focus i think.
If I need to do something very important you mis a hand or two and thats ok.

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I basically have enough 5 minutes break. Maybe a break of 10 minutes will be good in the later stages of the tournament

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
First break 5 min. Second 10 min 10 ever break after.

A

Arthur ZM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A break of 5 minutes completely suits me, during this time I manage to make tea and smoke a cigarette.

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 minutes is more than enough for me. I normally get up and take breaks while the game is going anyway. I think 10 minutes would maybe be more for high dollar tourneys because there is alot more stress involved if you are playing for thousands of dollars or more.

J

jsjames2002

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When you're heads up, with a huge chip lead and then you get a 5 minute break. Now that's annoying

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm ok with the 5 minute break poker stars gives each hour, 55 minutes past the hour. I honestly wouldn't want more than that. If I have something important to do, I can always sit out a several hands, but most of the time, I just sit in front of my screen, waiting for the break timer to end and have the tournament resume.

Maybe they could test tournaments with 10 minute breaks and see how people react. If it's well received then they can have both 5 and 10 minute break tournaments running at the same time.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It would be good if every 3 or 4 hours there was a break of at least 15 minutes, that proposal would be better, but I think if they extended those 5 minutes in tournaments, they would last forever haha :D

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
10 minutes break is too long.. five is enough

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
pokerstars every hour, the break is only 5 minutes, I think a break of 10 minutes would be better for the players to take a breath. What is your opinion?

Want longer (than 5 min) break? Then sit out and enjoy your makeshift break hehe ...

A

Amdho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think 5 min is a good time, but after many hours maybe a break to the middle of tourament with more time, or after you are in atm.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the 5 minute break length as long as it starts when the last table ends. Meaning most of the time you get a longer than 5 minute break. There are clearly people who play slow when the break is ready and cut into the break for some. I am ACR for one does not start the break until after the last table finishes. That is about all I am happy with ACR at the current moment.

teebahnoo

teebahnoo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe syncing breaks with blinds structure would be a good idea. Turbo are more intensive and I’d like a longer break once in a while when the field is big. On the other hand a break of 5 mins every hour is already too much in tournaments like Sunday Million where everything moves in slooow motion ( including people’s brains)

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 is more than enough. If you re preparing something to eat take some hands off. And if you want a break to eat then you just dont participate in a tournament. There s no breakes like that. This is online. You can be naked, sitting, laying down, doing ehatever you want and still playing. Thats why you dont need breaks because its not like uou re sitting in one position like during live poker.

B

Boreyko506

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Five minutes is enough, personally I have enough.

F

Fatman0912

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me the 5 min break is ok. For longer tournaments, though, a longer break would be nice. For example after 3 or 4 hours in the tournament, let's do a 10-15 min break. I think this would be really helpful.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that the first 3 breaks should be the 5 minute break and the next should be the 10. This would give us a chance to stretch and regroup for a little.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
5 minutes is enough for me. I have long been used to having time to do what I need.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

my opinion is that: depending on the tournament, there could be an interval of 10 minutes, every three hours. and five minutes in one by one! and when the bubble burst for the final table, another 10 minute break!

:five: