Nuts on the flop, then?

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This was in the CC Pokerstars $300 freeroll. The villain had previously shoved after my raising 2x, so perhaps emotions drove me to shove? strange hand..

.https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/624BEyONI

Thank U 4 posting

This is a great hand to use to learn how to reverse engineer our thinking in spots like this.

So V had shoved already you folded and you hated folding. Why?
Folding is a strong strategic play, it is by the way ranked second as the best play to make when playing NL.
Being upset about folding means you are focusing on winning hands not winning tournaments.

Our thinking should always be Raise/Bet? Fold? Call?

So in this spot our first and best option to consider is fold. Why?

As we saw here and is standard at low stakes players are shoving with pair plus type of hands.
We are 50/50 most of the time with KcJc. We however have skill so why would we be willing to let our V remove all skill from the situation?

Hope this helps
:)

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
50/50 flip pre and you didn't hold. that's it. don't think about it too much.

you could have folded pre, too.

jesuisjesus

jesuisjesus

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems to me that discarding cards in this situation is the only righ decision.

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looking through the hand, I thought you would call after utg called. You raise and get all in. All in went either with a pair or with A. Utg called either with a shallow pair or with KQ A ss A7 8 9 10 Aj then decided to fold. The aggressor player turned out to be with a hand that was not strong enough and gave almost equal chances against you. Against him, the utg hand was stronger in half the cases or had equal chances. Even with utg, it is profitable to play with jj through a call. Therefore, it was dangerous for him to play so aggressively with this hand. KJ is a fairly weak hand at this stage if you choose an aggressive strategy. The player who initiated all in was also with a weak hand against raising from you and calling with utg.