Normal tournament, turbo or hyper turbo. Which do you prefer?

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer a normal tournament with blind levels eight to ten minutes and possibly longer, depending on the blind structure. I've seen tournaments have shorter blind levels, but have small blind increases from level to level. I have also seen tourneys with longer levels with steep blind increases. So sometimes it can be six on one hand and half a dozen on the other. I just like normal tourney with decent level lengths (not too long or short), reasonable blind increases, and about an hour of late registration. I think the shorter levels and steeper blind increases are less conducive to good poker play and tend to promote more donkery.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I like all the above types , everyone has its own pros / cons .If I am in the mood for a long session then I fire some slow structured MTTs otherwise the faster the better :)

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love turbo tournaments. Sometimes, when it takes a lot of time, I register in a slow tournament. Favorite tournaments hot.

blkmoney12

blkmoney12

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer a normal blind structure

Good morning to you all. ask the question post you refer a normal structure a fast structure and in between structure a turbo structure. I prefer normal blind structure between 8 and 10 minutes maybe longer depending on how the blinds are in a correlation to that also it does help in that is are they starting stacks deep enough that's a very key issue also but I would prefer a normal blind structure. I think it needs to get back to that somewhat you see that long on American card room a lot of their tournaments even their small stakes micro tournaments have long blind structures and a lot of chips they're very well structured so I would prefer a normal blind structure well I'm about ready to get going you all have a nice day .

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Tournaments I prefer normal with deep stack. Sit and go I like turbo or hyper. Especially KO sit and go I like hyper turbo very much.

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer turbos for lower stake mtts. With, say, 5 min blinds the late registration period is usually an hour or less so I'm not sitting in front of my computer for 2-3 hours as we grind down to the bubble. With higher stakes I play normal speed because the tables tend to stay together longer allowing for more study of the other players and a better chance to build the stack. Since these mtt can last a long time I prefer to only play them occasionally.

In lower stakes you often see weaker players who start to get into difficulty when the turbo speed blinds start becoming a factor. With only 5 mins to the next blind jump these players start feeling the pressure and making mistakes.

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
normal ofc, I'd like to rely less on luck, more on skill of game

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love tournaments with no ante with a maximum duration. They can only be played by promising hands. In other tournaments, it's still more about randomness.

Regie19

Regie19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
finally s found out which is right for me.hyper. I have this action, waiting for a deepstack is bored:jd4:

cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Unlike the hyper speed of the satellites more then the slow drawn out tournament play

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer tournaments with time between blinds of 10 or 15 minutes. Turbos or Hyper for me take away Strategy from the game since the ranges change and you are forced to be aggressive, much more luck is needed in these tournaments than in the normal ones

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
any honestly, I like adapting so any is fine. bounty no bounty, rebuys freezeouts, live, online, cash, tourney.

O

Oksana55

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like it all but prefer Turbo

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolutely no hyper

I enjoy very much normal games, kind of trying turbos more and more, need to adapt to this kind of game.

But I really don't like hypers, there is a time in it become much gambling.

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like normals and turbo. hyper is impossible to play decently.

M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends. What I like about turbos and hypers is that they require less time to play. I personally like normal tournaments better since stack sizes normally fluctuates in ranges where there’s postflop play, which I find more interesting, but If i can’t/don’t want to play for 8-12 hours, I play turbos

G

Germanets

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like normal\regular speed tournaments, slower - will be too long for me, just because I'm not a regular player. I not really like turbo, because in turbo tournaments I was faced with some situations, when I have no chance to play any hand on some blind level.
For example we have 5 minute per level and start level on MP with 20BB in stack. If one or two player think too slow about every card they see, or for some reason try to survive with spending as much time as possible - we have really big chance to see only 3-5 hands, and in most cases will just fold it.

Position and other players on table can significantly change situation when blinds increase every 5 minutes, and sometimes your "playable" 30BB stack can become close to push\fold 15BB without any chance to increase it(

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always prefer normal style tournaments. When the blind levels go fast its basically push fold style.

J

Jyko3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like most, I prefer normal speed. In hyper it's more of a luck effect

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the so called 'luck' factor wouldn't have changed in the last several years, almost in all rooms, I would say the normal. I prefer depend on luck less, but it is the same nowadays, so lets waste less time for a tourney. I prefer the turbos 5-6 min blinds max 1.5-2 hours late reg, usually less. Less chance to river me with 1-2 cards outs within 3-4 hours ( what a turbo takes) than in a normal, where I definitely get it several times till reach the ITM, if i can, and those takes 5-6 hours to get the ITM.... dont talk about the 2K+ reg tourneys, what anyway i do not play anymore, useless.....