NL Holdem or Omaha?

F

falcais

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What type of games do you prefer? and why?
I play NL HOLDEM games (cash,tournaments). Omaha I do not know to play or I do not understand her.

HypnoT0AD

HypnoT0AD

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to learn PLO then try some play money games, it's good fun :)

I play them both but Omaha seems harder to me, but I've only started playing it recently

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are just beginning focus on one game. When you feel like you have a good understanding, then you can start adding different games. They will become easier to understand because you are building a framework from which to build on. Good Luck

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Omaha is a post flop game. Preflop doesn't matter a lot because hand strengths are very close. I prefer holdem as I don't have enough experience with omaha.

R

rhombus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Omaha is a post flop game. Preflop doesn't matter a lot because hand strengths are very close. I prefer holdem as I don't have enough experience with omaha.
Preflop does matter in PLO. Sure if you are a postflop whizz you can play anything but for the mere mortals try to play solid preflop as well.

Position is very important in PLO :)

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop does matter in PLO. Sure if you are a postflop whizz you can play anything but for the mere mortals try to play solid preflop as well.

Position is very important in PLO :)

I meant preflop raising. You don't see a lot of 3 bets and folds or 4 bets. You see more small raises and a lot of calls. Hand selection is important obviously.

F

falcais

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks guys for your opinion! :)

M

Mazak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to play holdem but i'm sometimes playing omaha mainly for fun :D

SAVag

SAVag

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it is much more interesting to play Omaha. Probably, owing to existence of rather large number of pocket cards, a game becomes more various than Holdem. From it more cheerful and fascinating

doggycfg

doggycfg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play in NL noldem (only tournament)

psmcb

psmcb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think

What type of games do you prefer? and why?
I play NL HOLDEM games (cash,tournaments). Omaha I do not know to play or I do not understand her.

Omaha is considered to be 2 popular poker game in the world , after hold'em. It is not complicated , but the style of play another.
To try should

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love texas holdem, I find it difficult to understand the others since it is not my game mode

D

davem86

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL I remember my first time playing Omaha.
But Id prefer Holdem.
Thats where I feel most comfortable playing

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You play Omaha and compare them and choose what is closer.

PK_ing

PK_ing

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Omaha is a harder postflop game than nlhe for obvious reasons. It's a a really fun game, but the variance and swings are a lot higher than a nlhe game of the same stakes, and imo you get some diminishing returns of your edge with respect to your skill gap at the table. It really is a ton of fun though, PLO is a great game.

Omahahahaha

Omahahahaha

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
High cards are good in either game.

D

Dr Peeper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like both, but prefer holdem. omaha is tough. more cards dealt out, and can only use 2 from hold

StuffBarnaul

StuffBarnaul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play Omaha cash and differebt tours (NL,PL,PLO,NLO).
I play Omaha better then players on my stake level, and better then Holdem. That is my reason.

macthemax

macthemax

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BE
Chips
I'm totally lost when I play omaha, so for me it's holder.

P

PocketCards81

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are just beginning focus on one game. When you feel like you have a good understanding, then you can start adding different games. They will become easier to understand because you are building a framework from which to build on. Good Luck

I agree with Acesinthebig, always try to master one game before trying to attempt multiple others because you'll start to feel overwhelmed and may end up mixing rules and strategies up. It also makes sense to master one game instead of being average on a spread of games, you know? Building from a framework would be ideal, as aforementioned. Good luck!!

Vin Keyzone

Vin Keyzone

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hands down. Hold Em. I use omaha just to a break from HE.

ledge4131

ledge4131

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Omaha is my preferred game. Totally different strategy than Hold'em. Never mind the variance and swings, but he game allows you build huge pots. Hand selection is key and in tournaments, the play in later rounds is vastly different than in earlier rounds.

I learned the game playing fixed limit, then moved on to the different variations. I'm not a PLO master, but I can hold my own. Omaha Hi/Lo is my favourite!

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always wished to learn playing PLO well, as i think there field is much weaker as at NLHE meanwhile. But i'm too busy learning to play NLHE to take some time for PLO. But i will learn it someday indeed. Very interesting kind of poker. =)

PokerNuts01

PokerNuts01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play NL Holdem. Omaha is a very interesting game but it requires a lot more experience and caution .. After the flop everything is possible, too many combinations ..:cool:

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules