next to the last (final) table 10x in a weekl

F

FITEMAN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Two weeks ago i felt like i was in another dimension. i felt like i was floating above the table and i was all knowing and all aware. i cashed in in 8 tourneys. two first place and a second included. I could do no wrong.
But what happened?
This week i simply cannot cash. In every tourney i played I came one table from the money(except Bodogs Sunday 100K, where i finished about 150th out of about 550). If only the final table cashed, I finished on the table before it. If 63 players got paid i finished on the bubble table.
I am going crazy here. It wouldn't be so bad if i was just playing horribly. But I'm not. I am playing for the top three spots and am getting crushed after sometimes playing for over four hours.
I am beginning to think it is better to just play to cash than to go for the BIG cash.
Sorry for the rant but I am getting frustrated and I'm about ready to throw my laptop against the wall.
Maybe I need to take a break.
Any thoughts or suggestions?

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
id take a break if your that frustrated dude. no shame in taking a break when you think you need it. come back refreshed and good as new.

F

FITEMAN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks Patty,

I just can't believe it's variance. It' s so precise....so exact,,,,always the bubble table. its effin haunting.

I don't believe I'm saying it, but I think "I FEAR THE BUBBLE TABLE".

Yeah you're right. I need a break.

Thanks again.

i

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
welcome dude.

call me brian btw

Z

zackryan28

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah you definitely gotta take some time off until you get your head right. I know from experience that if you are "playing scared" or lacking confidence, you are almost guaranteed to lose your money.

It really sucks, but sometimes it is just variance. If you play long enough, you are going to take bad beat after bad beat in big situations, and as a person, you become paranoid and cynical. You start feeling like you can't win unless you get the nuts, that every coinflip is going to go the other way, and some people even begin doubting online poker. Just try to shake it off, and get back to your regular ways of making the $

JMTalbert

JMTalbert

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel your pain. I have had a couple of rough patches and a little time off certainly does help. I find it sometimes helps to move down a level or play with some points or play chips. You don;t want to change what you are doing (if you are making correct choices in the first place), but you might need to play in a few games where you are not concerned about what you are risking and can just focus on the game play.

F

FITEMAN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ridht now I am on the bubble table. 15 out of 21. q18 get paid. hope i can break the curse. now we are habd for hand. i'll keep u posted.

F

FITEMAN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hurray! I broke the bubble table curse. 16th of 18 left. Man, did I play tight. I am dealt 88 on the cutoff and open allin only to find the BB has AA. Despite finishing finishing 18th, I feel I have emerged victorious having finally conquering the bubble table curse.

Thanks for your input and comments

Shufflin

Shufflin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck in this one.
MTTs drive me crazy like that. Can seem like ages between cashes. Mathematically, you are only supposed to cash in about 10% of them, right? So the key is to get as deep as you can when you do make the money, because you really need to make about 10X your buy-in.

So, I don't know how many tourneys you play in a week, but if it's less than 80, I'm afraid you were bound for a bad run...

Like I said, though, hope it turns back for you soon!!

F

FITEMAN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Brian, Yes I made it. Thanks again. Love CC forums.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
haha nice dude congrats on gettin off ur losing streak