New 4.50 180 man strategy

TheMuffier

TheMuffier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are some extremely good 4.50 180 man strategies?

Please take into account the new 'On-Demand 36-180'

N

neafana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know if you can create a special strategy for this.

You have to adjust to the table, play according to your stack, blinds level, bubble, opponents, etc.

I realize lately that this general strategy, playing tight in the beginning, losen up in middle and late it's good, but in these days I think you are loosing value.

I've started to "play the player" also in the beginning of the tournament and I see that I'm making more final tables (I'm talking about fields of more than 1000 players, in the weekends 2-3000+)

But there in the last month I think I was making at least on FT per week.

Unfortunately, I was not winning them :)), but I feel that a big score will come soon:)))

J

Jackie77

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think there have some special strategy. But I believe every player has their own strategies which they apply during playing.

TheMuffier

TheMuffier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think there have some special strategy. But I believe every player has their own strategies which they apply during playing.
Every game has a strategy. EVERY GAME

TheMuffier

TheMuffier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

You have to adjust to the table, play according to your stack, blinds level, bubble, opponents, etc.

I realize lately that this general strategy, playing tight in the beginning, losen up in middle and late it's good, but in these days I think you are loosing value.

I've started to "play the player" also in the beginning of the tournament and I see that I'm making more final tables (I'm talking about fields of more than 1000 players, in the weekends 2-3000+)

Unfortunately, I was not winning them :)), but I feel that a big score will come soon:)))
You can create a strategy and I habe ome I just wanted to improve on it

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
new strategy never play without the least knowing what you will do in before during and after the tournament!

TheMuffier

TheMuffier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
new strategy never play without the least knowing what you will do in before during and after the tournament!
Rephrase please. Layman's terms

Boltun

Boltun

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play tight, waiting for the end of late registration trying not to lose a lot of chips, and then begin to build momentum, and to play aggressively and closer to the loot, you need to lay low, and after the bubble in the late stage of the tournament once again show their power.;);)

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I doubt that I have the right to advise a person who plays tournaments for $ 4.50. I doubt that there will be players with a new strategy, beating this limit.

A

Am887

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

Finally I find a thread about that theme :D

What do you think is a better site for SNG on demand ? ACR/Ya/BCP or Stars? Or maybe Stars.es?
I mean rakeback is an important part of the game. And Stars... You know what I mean...

So you think there isn't a special strategy for on demand sng?
Playing the player is fine. I completely agree with you.
But especially in the midstage (so shortlybefore the bubble/level 7-8) a lot of regs start going crazy.
I would - my short experience of this midstakes- play almost every suited conns. against a bigstack wich make pressure as calling range and shove JT suit or higher, especially with 10 BB or less.
You will see, they call a lot with any 2 as a bigstack.
Especially those midstakes on stars are hard.
ACR is easier for me personally. .. I don't know why.
What you think ? Where is better to play?

Make it sense- in your own opinion and experience- to specialize in this format?

Thanks....;)

TheMuffier

TheMuffier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Finally I find a thread about that theme :D

What do you think is a better site for SNG on demand ? ACR/Ya/BCP or Stars? Or maybe Stars.es?
I mean rakeback is an important part of the game. And Stars... You know what I mean...

So you think there isn't a special strategy for on demand sng?
Playing the player is fine. I completely agree with you.
But especially in the midstage (so shortlybefore the bubble/level 7-8) a lot of regs start going crazy.
I would - my short experience of this midstakes- play almost every suited conns. against a bigstack wich make pressure as calling range and shove JT suit or higher, especially with 10 BB or less.
You will see, they call a lot with any 2 as a bigstack.
Especially those midstakes on stars are hard.
ACR is easier for me personally. .. I don't know why.
What you think ? Where is better to play?

Make it sense- in your own opinion and experience- to specialize in this format?

Thanks....;)
As far as volume is concerned, stars can't be beaten right now but it is reg infested. Majority of the regs are soft or don't understand the format but that said.

There's a few tough regs in the games. Just capitalize on the softer ones and avoid tangling with the good ones in spots that you don't need to. Better spots.

I have not played ACR bc I'm from the UK and don't fancy the fees involved but I have watched a few videos from there. Very soft fields. Easier money there.

In the 4.5 it's fine to play tight until you get close to the bubble. At which point you can open up and capitalize on your image if you are super short. 8-16bb, 17-23 bb, you can lock up a little and look for iso spots 24-27 lock up and avoid trouble. Your stack can afford to lose a couple blinds. You can get in the money and open up again. 28bb+ open and pressure the 17-23 bigs stacks. They have severe icm implications thus can only continue with the near top of their range.

The 8-16bb will also have some icm implications but they are short enough to get it in with a wider than 17-23bb range.

Essentially, your pre bubble play is heavily weighted towards chip preservation as oppose to accumulation.
You still have to play your game as you would lest you become very exploitable.
The only difference is that when you have a spot where it can go either way. Lean more towards a fold.
You pot control a lot but mix in a ton of check raises to stop people putting you in shitty spots when trying to steal the pot every time you are trying to pot control.

You can also flat some hands you would normally 3bet then 3bet or check raise them post flop. You have to get very creative with your plays to ensure you are not exploitable while playing the chip preservation style. Keep your opponents on edge.

During this period it is important to still play actively so that you can get paid when you get monsters. Play conservatively not tight.

Post bubble.
After the bubble, you can open up your range a little more and focus on chip accumulation if you could put number on it I'd say 60% accumulation 40% preservation.
This time if the decision can go either way, lean towards aggression.

You have met your objective of cashing, you are now saying to win because unless you make the top 3. You are not really looking at much so it's fine to bust out now in the pursuits of winning the tournament.

Goes without saying that this is not an excuse to put yourself in spots you shouldn't be in.

If you play on stars. You will see me in these games for sure. 'The muffier'.

As of 2019 onwards. I will specialize in these tournaments.

Hope to see you there. Good luck.

TheMuffier

TheMuffier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I doubt that I have the right to advise a person who plays tournaments for $ 4.50. I doubt that there will be players with a new strategy, beating this limit.
This post has done nothing but waste yours and my time.