funny-man-chasing-bear-bat.jpg

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a sit a go you can take a risk like that, but in a tournament, no.

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's very sad to see this, but you did right, in the medium and long term your fold is profitable, in that you were unlucky.

There's a mini-raise from UTG + 1 which shows strength, I think he would do it with AK, AQ, AJ, maybe KJ + and 99+ (without knowing the villain). Of these hand you would only be winning from KQ and KJ.

Villain that shoved, because of the amount of blinds he had, I put him in a bigger range (again without knowing the villain).

Best way to think is that you folded correctly, what happened after you could not predict.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Moments like that happen and I just want to puke. That said you made the correct fold here. You have to much of a chance of being dominated so I fold there all day long.

G

Gleb Herzog

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this situation, only pass.and what you saw then only the probability,and only in most cases, you will be in touch especially deep in the tournament.

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Straightflush fold:eek:
Meanwhile in Russia:)

funny-man-chasing-bear-bat.jpg

now this is MEANWHILE IN RUSSIA :eek:
aggro-gatordotcom116450.jpg

Just like it's easy for her to carry this log, it is easy to fold that A3s in that spot! Don't sweat it, it was a good fold :)

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally, I'm not folding here with only 7.5 BBs and a fairly decent chance to double up/increase my stack size.

Even given the PF action before you, an even shorter stack is jamming pre. If we a fairly conservative range of pairs, all Ax combos, and all broadway combos, A3s still has ~43% equity preflop if we go heads up.

Even if we give villain a tighter range of pairs, A2s+, A10o+, suited broadway, you still have ~38% equity heads up.

Obv, equity goes down if it goes multiway, but that's risk I'm willing to take here as a severe short stack. This is a matter of opinion though and i understand the argument of 'waiting for a better spot'. However, (again personally) I'd rather take these risks at potentially lower preflop equity but i can earn more BBs than having higher equity for less value. What good is waiting for that better spot when your stack is down to 2 BBs?

25% equity to double to 15 BBs > 80% equity to double up to 4 BBs. All day, everyday.

Finally, it's a freeroll. Its ok to take risks, especially at no cost to you.

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No way. Don't base your play on the outcome of a hand...

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I'm not folding here with only 7.5 BBs and a fairly decent chance to double up/increase my stack size.

Even given the PF action before you, an even shorter stack is jamming pre. If we a fairly conservative range of pairs, all Ax combos, and all broadway combos, A3s still has ~43% equity preflop if we go heads up.

Even if we give villain a tighter range of pairs, A2s+, A10o+, suited broadway, you still have ~38% equity heads up.

Obv, equity goes down if it goes multiway, but that's risk I'm willing to take here as a severe short stack. This is a matter of opinion though and i understand the argument of 'waiting for a better spot'. However, (again personally) I'd rather take these risks at potentially lower preflop equity but i can earn more BBs than having higher equity for less value. What good is waiting for that better spot when your stack is down to 2 BBs?

25% equity to double to 15 BBs > 80% equity to double up to 4 BBs. All day, everyday.

Finally, it's a freeroll. Its ok to take risks, especially at no cost to you.

Thanks for the detailed explanation of this moment! I don't know poker math well. I agree with you that it is better to take a chance!