Near the end of a tourney, what do I do?

olliejjc16

olliejjc16

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys, I'm in a tourney at the moment at Paddypower Poker, currently 6th in the VIP 2/3 Tourney, just looking for advice on how to play if I make it near the final table, going well so far but as you know with poker anything can happen! Thanks!

midgetfactory

midgetfactory

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
whats your name i wanna watch ollie

midgetfactory

midgetfactory

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gotta, nice stack, u want to make the final table to make it worth your time so wait for the premiums hands now, patience is the key, dont get involved with the big stacks, and pick your places to shove. Position is very important this late , id be throwing away almost everything in the first few positions

midgetfactory

midgetfactory

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i played the vip 5 torney on ppower this month, bout 60ish enter every monday, 1000 prizepool. usually around 15 sittin out....

anyways made the final table with 1 big blind:D, everyone else had 10+ bbs, only paid 8 places, couldnt believe it when three people went all in 2 got knocked out and i cashed for 40 bucks, it was sweet!!

olliejjc16

olliejjc16

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow thats really nice i hope i can make it up to vip 5 someday, if i get any decent amount of money here i'm going to try and build it up slowly, and avoid the temptation of blackjack :) ya that's what i'm doing atm but i'm usually trying to steal on the button and sometimes with a good hand in the late positions just to keep my stack up, good or bad idea?

midgetfactory

midgetfactory

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not great having that chip leader at ur table, stay out of pots with him... if it folds round to you in position a raise should take it down, everyone wants to move up the money, u should know now who will play back at you... if your shoved on you can fold, its important to build your stack now. u need chips goin into the final table WHEN u make it!!!

do you play omaha? vip 4 is easy to make u get loads of points for omaha, pots are bigger, i only play 05/10c and 1000 pts for level 4 is easy in a week,its about 500 hands. im on vip 4 this month, didnt play much

olliejjc16

olliejjc16

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
got moved to the other table away from the chip leader thank god still have to be careful though, haven't hit any premium hands as of yet so gotta be patient! nah i don't play omaha but i could learn! have no money in my paddy power account atm though so could do with doing well in this!

olliejjc16

olliejjc16

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I ended up 10th, so I got to the final table but I played badly when I got there, made a stupid bluff and got caught out, but live and learn I suppose! At least I got to my first final table ever, onwards and upwards now I hope!

olliejjc16

olliejjc16

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
only 3 quid :/ winner got about 60 so was pretty disappointed

midgetfactory

midgetfactory

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nice one good learning experience for you

olliejjc16

olliejjc16

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ya i've learned i need to play a lot more cautiously at the final table and that freerolls is all about having the better hand, bluffs just don't work, so many people are calling stations in freerolls it makes bluffing redundant most of the time! like you said good learning experience though :)

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to play this one every week. Got 2nd once for $36 and a few other small cashes. It's tough work getting thru the donks early in the game so well played mate. Seems to be an awful lot of limping going on in these games so it plays alot different than games on other sites IMO. Haven't been playin on Paddys at all in a while so might see ya on there sometime soon. GL.

olliejjc16

olliejjc16

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok, i'm in the same kind of tourney at boylepoker, except its private, but prizes are pretty much the same, i'm first at the moment with over 70 left, could really do with some advice so i don't make the same mistakes as the last time!

olliejjc16

olliejjc16

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1st with ten left now, hoping for a good finish!

olliejjc16

olliejjc16

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok i'm in final 4 could really use some advice! coming in 2 atm

olliejjc16

olliejjc16

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I won!!! :D over 60 dollars, about 42 euro sweeeeeet

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i played the vip 5 torney on ppower this month, bout 60ish enter every monday, 1000 prizepool. usually around 15 sittin out....

anyways made the final table with 1 big blind:D, everyone else had 10+ bbs, only paid 8 places, couldnt believe it when three people went all in 2 got knocked out and i cashed for 40 bucks, it was sweet!!

I love it when that happens. :)