BRANCASLIM

BRANCASLIM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello everybody !! I am scrolling and applying Nash's push or fold tables every so often ... but I don't always comply with what I should do, mainly because I think that with 20 bb you can continue to apply other types of strategies, I would lean to push or fold when going down at 15 or 10 bb. What do you think? Do you use some kind of tables for your game in MTT tournaments?

PsychoVas

PsychoVas

What The Duck???
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
The only universal truth in poker is: "It depends".
Sometimes you need to shove with 20 bb because there are opponents on the table that will call a decent raise with any two cards and hit the flop because they are in a heater.
Other times you will play "stop and go" even with 12 BB.
Nash charts are a tool like any other. Useful, but not the 10 commandments of poker.

BRANCASLIM

BRANCASLIM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
you have to trust firmly in instinct, which never fails, more than once I have been suspicious and to make the play that would correspond according to game theory I have been left out of a tournament haha

D

D_godfather

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been doing some work on nash and playing around with ICMIZER.

At the moment I am continuing to do this as it promotes some thinking, but I find other study options more fruitful. I would like to hear from those who swear by the tools.

My view, at the moment, is my opponents are not pushing every 2 cards in the small blind etc, so what is the point in understanding my "rag rag" delivers marginal profit if they play optimum, when their range is in many cases substantially (relatively speaking) different.

At this point I would prefer to see calculations based on what the average player's range is UTG, or on the button, and how BB or whoever should respond with a given hand!

S

ssj3gokudbz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think ,as a beginner, learning few charts can help. But you must develop your play after. You should recognize the tendecies of the players at your tables and adjust according to these tendencies.

I used to play in the beginning with Jennifear push /fold charts. Now I study my push fold with ICMIZER 3. ICMIZER 3 takes into account not only the number of your blinds and your position but also the number of the opponents before you, their stack, if there is ICM involved, It also takes into consideration the stack and the position of the one who pushed before you. There are a lot of nice things you can learn using that piece of softwere.

N

natelearnspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t follow tables explicitly, but I will use the top 10% of hands/Sklansky’s hand guide to decide whether or not to shove as small stack. As people have mentioned, it depends and I don’t only shove with super strong hands (as in I’ll throw in garbage K9s or Q10s sometimes).

In general, if I’m small stack, I’ll almost always shove pairs and anything better than A10s.

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to apologize for my absence from regular participation in the forum, I lost the privilege of freeroll passwords every day. The more I will strive to redeem the privilege as soon as possible.

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Our goal in a tournament is to accumulate stacks, as soon as that goal is reached we must value our stacks and apply wise strategies to continue the evolution of the game. I particularly only go allin when I have 10BB, more than that I try to hit something on the flop.

Folding in Poker