Multi-table or One at a time

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I generally prefer to play one table at a time so that I can concentrate on what my opponents are doing but lately I have been playing two at a time (not often, just occasionally and at that, only tournaments) and have been having pretty good results. I don't get to read the other players as well and I have to play more TAG at both tables. This is not my usual style as I am a LAG player most of the time.

What are your thoughts on the advantages and disadvantages of each and what do you prefer to play?

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like play 4 tables at a time (I already play 6 tables at a time, but I cannot see all tables at once), I prefer that because I have more action and I can pay attention to most actions on all tables and most of the time I have an idea of what the opponent might be doing.

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to only play 1 at a time for the most part but sometimes i will play 2 if they come up at the same time. The reason i prefer 1 is so i can watch how everyone is playing so when i get involved in a hand i have a little more information to work with base on the hands i saw played.

TheniT

TheniT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It all depends on the level of player you are, I can not play only a precise of at least 4.

maezma

maezma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play at one table at a time. I do not have a good experience playing in the same simultaneous way because I can not concentrate really.

Regards.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like I said, I prefer 1 at a time, it seems to give me a much better read on my opponents. I am a pretty experienced player, but I like to really get a good read on the people I am playing and I think you can only do that if you are playing at one table and monitoring what the other players are doing. How they are betting, what they are playing from different positions, ect. Like last week, I played two at a time, I finished in 46th in one (out of 546), the other I was still in and I made a run into the 20's...but I felt like I was still learning the players. In the last 5 tourneys that I played just that tournament, I won one, took second in one busted in 12th in two (I should have just been folding my way to the final table... good cards running into better cards... I've ranted about it before...tonight pocket 10's v AK..and the villain had them two hands in a row😫) ... how successful are you guys that play multi tables at a time?

I

Ivan Zaruba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play without additional software, so I try to play only one table because when I open 2 or 3 tables, the result = 0. I'm losing vigilance, concentration, do not have time to think about a move, do not watch the game rivals, my game then becomes very straightforward, etc ..

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recently decided that the maximum number of tables I am going to play is 2, preferably only one, I have several days where I lose concentration when playing 3 or 4 tables

CTAPYXA

CTAPYXA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sometimes play two tables at the same time. I don't have enough concentration for more tables.

T

tyclark18

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play 2 games at a time so I don't get bored or risky if I keep getting bad hands in one game. I like to take things slow, and I feel that if I play more games at once I have a better chance of not doing something I'll regret lol.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i play multi table up to four tables at freerolls and low buy in tournaments or SnGs

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play on one table with a big buy-in or a few tables with a smaller buy-in. In general, I focus on quality and not on quantity.

Yoda82

Yoda82

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm all about the multi-tabling. One table online just gets really boring, if anything because you don't talk to other people. And I want to stay focused on the game, so doing things like watching Netflix is a big not-gonna-happen for me. So at least if I multi-table, I get the chance to see tons of hands and not get bored senseless.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on what type of games you play. I like best MTTs and playing 2 tables is ok for me. Going to 3 is difficult for me so i try to avoid it. If you are cash game player though multitable is almost mandatory if you want to earn good money. Spins on the other hand are usually so fast that it looks very difficult to play more than one at the same time.

SprMnd

SprMnd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am now playing at micro-limits and the level of opponents is rather low. Therefore, most of their actions are predictable. I play 8-10 tables at the same time based on two factors: the strength of my hand and the number of blinds in my stack.

In the case of a deep run in a tournament, I reduce the number of playing tables to collect additional information about opponents in this tournament.You can concentrate on the game of opponents if their level is above average and they have different tricks that give them an advantage against you.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If its a tourney Im actually committed to , Like high dollar Cash.. 1 Table. If it's freerolls Ill Multi a bunch of em for value

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I usually play one table at a time but when some unibet challenge requires playing in up to 4 tables simultaneously so you'd complete that particular task even faster then i can do it aswell ... :cool:

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Playing at a single table usually, but sometimes I go to one tournament but try to focus on one of them and the second very aggressive game on the idea that if the cards are ok and if they leave the table is not no problem

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I generally prefer to play one table at a time so that I can concentrate on what my opponents are doing but lately I have been playing two at a time (not often, just occasionally and at that, only tournaments) and have been having pretty good results. I don't get to read the other players as well and I have to play more TAG at both tables. This is not my usual style as I am a LAG player most of the time.

What are your thoughts on the advantages and disadvantages of each and what do you prefer to play?

I play with a maximum of 2 tables for the same reason that you, more than 2 I do not have the concentration I should have.

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many people wrote above that they play 1 or 2 tables - I want to give you a little advice - try to play more tables because you only play 1-2 tables, you will never gain the necessary distance in poker (and in poker this is the most important) + playing 1 -2 the table becomes “boring” for you and if a good card does not come for a long time you will start playing with a weak card because “tired of waiting” is not right!
I play at least 6 tables at the same time (usually 8-10) and believe it is not at all difficult!

ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how many tables?

It seems to me that if you need a distance to smooth random losses and failures, then you need to certainly play many tables at the same time. I play a maximum of 4 tables at a time when I want to. But there is one main negative feature in this - the lack of collecting general information on the game table and each individual participant in the process. Playing table 1 this short statistics on the player can be collected, which will help make the right decision in response to his action. But playing 1 table, we can get into a period of bad play and bad luck, and think that our a game insufficiently correct and adequate. Although this may not be so. That is, playing 1 table, we will not play the necessary distance, which will be in profit:confused::confused::confused:

Pudiel

Pudiel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One at a time, I can't process multi table haha

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm a simple poker player with one screen to work, so I play 4 tables at a time at my limit to play good, still comfortable. But to have the best of me, one table is king.

M

misiomick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play 2/3 tables to avoid to keep myself more involved and beat the boredom between the hands. Most of the time I stick to one table though, especially if I am doing good there. In general I try to not to play more than 4 tables at the same time coz then I loose the track of what's happening on particular table(s).