frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I was thinking about it and I concluded the difference between a freezout tourney and a mult entry tourney is that when you have entries available, you dont need to caring about your survival, so you have to get all chipev+ spots like a cash game. So in freezeout, sometimes you have odds to call but it will to commit your health stack... I would like to know what do all of you think about it
Positivity
GL
GG

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
earlier I played a lot of them, and they can be profitable, I mean if you're kicked out, you can buy in again, and play, especially against villain who just got lucky....
:)

FernA9ndo

FernA9ndo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't play rebuy, only play freezout mtts can't say but you need to pay attention on variance and play a style that can work in rebuys mtts.

FernA9ndo

FernA9ndo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can play loose ag and see more flops in rebuys or can play more hands and pay attention on variance, bankroll.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Not sure how to play them as well and just started to play them. Amazing to me how some players just keep on buying in and hope to run up a stack. I can see how this maybe profitable if you use it once but at what point is it just a losing propitiation?

B

biodarwin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure how to play them as well and just started to play them. Amazing to me how some players just keep on buying in and hope to run up a stack. I can see how this maybe profitable if you use it once but at what point is it just a losing propitiation?

Some people do go pretty overboard. With that said, you can make some significant adjustments and take advantage of the gambling. Some of the changes I make.

Limping ranges:
I want to see as many flops as possible. Hands like suited connectors and small pocket pairs in EP/MP will get added to the limping range. I am more apt to call raises in MP/LP and will also more aggressively defend my blinds.

Like in every format of NLHE, table dynamics play a substantial role in how I adjustment my strategy.

W

west28

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the multi entry, give more possible chances of built up a big stack knowing that you can reenter many times or at least once.

BUSB0Y

BUSB0Y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was thinking about it and I concluded the difference between a freezout tourney and a mult entry tourney is that when you have entries available, you dont need to caring about your survival, so you have to get all chipev+ spots like a cash game. So in freezeout, sometimes you have odds to call but it will to commit your health stack... I would like to know what do all of you think about it
Positivity
GL
GG

I prefer freezeouts because of more predictable play. However the multi-entry (rebuy) format allows for much larger prize pools, and if you happen to miss the start time it allows you to enter tournaments a bit late. There are pros and cons to each but I would vote Freeze-out if I had to choose 1.

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
Not a big fan of the rebuy tournaments , as cutting the villain odds by betting big doesnt have much influence anymore and many players will chase that flush/straight if they get there well they got a nice stack if not they will buy in for another chance ,so it takes out a valuable tool from my postflop play as vs those players who intend to take chances and rebuy if fail , i cant pressure them anymore into folding or bluff them easily. with that said if i had a nice big bankroll i would play the same too i wont blame them ;)

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The problem with multiple entry tournaments is the buy-in when you play that type of tournaments and use all the entrys that allow you to no longer be just being ITM but is being ITM in a position where you can earn an amount of money that represents the investment you made, but on the way you play it is true to have multiple entries you have the option to play a little more loose than in a freezout tournament. I particularly prefer to play a freezeout tournament, it seems simpler than one with multiple entries

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
In unlimited re-entry until level X, there is a big advantage for players with a big bankroll who can bust as many times as they need to run up a big stack.

yomarianob

yomarianob

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to play freezout tournaments because it's easier to read your opponents, but lately I have been playing some MTTs with re-entry and found some crazy people going all-in preflop with marginal hands. If you can get these reads on time, you could take advantage and build a big stack early.

What I really dislike is the add-on tournaments. It just doesn't make sense for me.. the fact that you can buy chips late in a tournament is just and advantage for people with big bankrolls.

Aldorabe

Aldorabe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They are very profitable when playing again for example if you are close to prizes, etc.