mtts mid-stage and bubble strategy

N

nextsit

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone i have this sort of problem/habit i'm not sure how to fix, and wondering how you've done it.
I feel like my game during mtt's early stage is not too bad but so often as i reach the bubble i sort of shutdown especially against big stacks and the result is mincash and/or make it to the final table like one of the shortstacks.
There is alot of factors involved in the game to have in mind i know that, i take notes and try to improve but this thing is just something i keep doing cause you know it can be annoying to bust and leave with nothing after hours of play so i choose not to take big risks when it comes to that point, i know i should but... well i'm sure some of you know what i mean.

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had the same problem not so long ago, but I think I solved it: I try to have a big stack myself before being around the bubble so I don't have to fold myself to the bubble.

More risk a little earlier...

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I have the same problem but I see it from the point of view of what my goals are in a tournament, first being ITM and then try to win the tournament, that is the main reason because I play passively before the bubble maybe It is true I have to take more risks in the early stages of the tournament but as this is about making money I prefer to maintain that strategy.

Greetings.

AlexBlefer

AlexBlefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the application itself sometimes prompts you to play strong hands to lose or fight for a reward .. live is a bit all this different in the tournaments