MTT Tournaments

F

fraggy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So I will have 2 MTT freeroll tournaments today , both with over 5k participants.
I highly doubt to get into the bubble of both, but yet I try it and participate with nothing but this goal. Even tho its like 0,02 $ and stuff like that, I want to become better by practicating and reading threads in CardsChat.

So I´ve read some strategies about waiting like 5 blind raises and then start playing, which means they set out or be afk as long while waiting.

But where is the advantage on that? I clearly can see no advantage at all, I mean, coming into the bubble is imo only possible by playing, betting and winning, right?

Do I see something wrong or is there a hidden secret on waiting and start with lower stake but having like 200 villians removed already ?

lovemiscou

lovemiscou

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Start playing has soon has the tourny starts, if it's a freeroll, just let them take each other out, only go all in with a premium hand. Good luck, you are going to need it, freerolls are a shove fest.

F

fraggy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow so I had an AA as start and 3 people went all in.
Who wouldnt go all in ? I lost to a 6-2 all in guy who had luck in the turn getting a third 3 and busting 3 ppl out. this is ridiculous

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That happens a lot in Free rolls, keep doing what your doing and play from the start of the tournament.

J

Jimboskie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the beginning is when all the fish are still in the tourney. That's when you want to build your stack and coast into the money.

The Boss

The Boss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To partially answer your question, freeroll tournaments (with few exceptions) are full of aggro donks who jam frequently and get themselves killed. By being tight in the beginning levels of a freeroll tournament you mostly avoid being in situations where you risk losing your "tournament life" to such donks, thus can to some extent increase your chances of getting to the later stages. As for the strategies you read, maybe you misread them? I ask that because the articles you claimed to have read seem rather odd to suggest doing nothing for the first few levels.

WhereDidMyEVGo

WhereDidMyEVGo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow so I had an AA as start and 3 people went all in.
Who wouldnt go all in ? I lost to a 6-2 all in guy who had luck in the turn getting a third 3 and busting 3 ppl out. this is ridiculous
A third 3 should not have helped the guy with 6-2, sounds like you got robbed.

F

fraggy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was so mad that i missclicked. He had 6-2 and got two 2 on the table