MTT question on how can i approach sundays game

skiptomyloot

skiptomyloot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I made the BCP leaderboard On deman freeroll last week topping 1st place on the leaderboard and got my 2 tournament buy in for this weekends game. My question is, how should I approach these 2 games. I only played 1 100kgtd this year which was on bovada, didnt do so good, and I usually play the micros and low mtt.

IMG 8290

IMG 8291

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am assuming you will be a lot deeper stacks and a lot longer blinds than you are used to. Just rememer that you have a lot of time to pick your spots and get it in good, for the first 45mins you will be over 100bbs deep which means you should only be risking all your chips with very good hands.

skiptomyloot

skiptomyloot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am assuming you will be a lot deeper stacks and a lot longer blinds than you are used to. Just rememer that you have a lot of time to pick your spots and get it in good, for the first 45mins you will be over 100bbs deep which means you should only be risking all your chips with very good hands.

Thanks for the tip. ill make sure to put that into my notes. I do tend to play some hands quickly in early stages. Hands that are marginal like suited connectors or ace high, king high.. but wouldn't they help if i play them as well ? because I can't keep folding and suddenly get hit with AK or top pairs and opponent finally sees me raising, they arent going to play back if i act so often.

or lets say I pass the 1st break, and im still in, i start feeling good and know who my opponents are, should I be opening up if im already in the money, or should i play tight or loose, open up hands, 3 betting, calling all ins against small stacks. I want to allow myself to show some kind of strength, but i also don't want to get caught up being tricky. I think ill have to focus on it once I start feeling comfortable. I don't use a HUD, i know this is going to be downer against these big tourneys. Hopefully my read is going to help me make something .

Top 10 Games