MTT Multi-tabling

lucas24

lucas24

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
man-in-hood-playing-online-poker-at-two-monitors-multitabling_rhwdbqcml_thumbnail-full01-768x432.png

Now I am playing a maximum of 3 tables at the same time. I wanted to ask you how many MTTs do you play in a normal session and what is the maximum number of MTT tables that you can handle with a good poker level. And finally, how many tables do yo think are optimal?

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well or ideal would be a table. I play at most two at a time. Of course there are people who try to be profitable playing a larger volume of tables and I don't condemn them. I just think if you're at the sunday million final table you'll want to be at one table, that's what I think.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, the optimal number is two tables. It is quite difficult to play more than two tables, it is difficult to concentrate. That's why two tables is more than enough, but for me it is a hobby, not a job.

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One maybe two, unless you depend on HUD's and you are quick enough to decipher all the information.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It's all relative. For some players I'm certain they can play optimally at the stakes they're playing at (for MTT's) while playing 10 tables or more. For others it's just one table.
I recall when I was first starting out, I was astounded by players who could play two tables at the same time. (years later I was playing 12 - to - 14 tables quite comfortably).

Lately I rarely play MTT's and typically just play micro/low buyins on Sundays where I'll be playing 6 to 8 tables. Usually I'll 4-table ZOOM, FastForward cash tables.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As Poker Orifice say, it really depend on your level of experience. And also your equipment. 12 tables on a laptop quickly become very confusing. I will say though, that in general 9-max MTTs tend to play incredibly slow, so it really does not take much skill to play a few of these simultaneously.

Each table see maybe 50 hands an hour, and out of those you are only involved in 10, if your VPIP is 20, so its 6 minutes between you needing to do anything other than pressing "fold" preflop. For me boredom therefore quickly become a factor, if I only have one table running.

I dont play endless sessions though, so if I run deep and reach a final table, often that will then be the last table still running, or maybe I have two tables left at that point. And that is ok, because it allow me to concentrate and spend more time observing, when the money really matter.