MTT has an inverse difficulty level from start to finish

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyone find this true? MTT is much easier the deeper you get. It is a very weird game where the learning curve is much steeper in the early stage of the game than later.

You start with 75-200BB. You have to consider your action relative to stack size and turn and river streets matter a lot more. But as the blind increases the relative stack size shrinks, when average stack size is 30bb river decision non existence unless you have 2 large stack competing against each other. Rather hands are reduce to short stack shove, everyone else decide to call. Or someone open small, short stack shove, and everyone else get to decide.

A lot of time, in the final table it becomes a who shove first, who is going to call. Average stack size are under 20BB, orbits are short and fast, I like these 2 cards, anyone else like their 2 cards?

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Position and stack size are the key.

I agree that with inverse difficulty vis a vis tourney, decisions are easier later because by then, you have the stack to make bold moves.
My experience is that position and stack size play a lot into making late tourney decisions easier. If I'm leading off, to maximize return, I might not want to shove, even with a premium hand. If other players are under-stacked, they will fold, and all I win are the blinds.

k0dka

k0dka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In terms of decisions, yes, it does get easier when you are short-stacked. But being deep-stacked deep into the tournament will make it easier for you to get a good finish :)

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
certainly I find it true then you should apply a strategy related to such a tournament that is, I always start the tournament I play aggressive thigth and it always worked better there when it comes to the final stretch I end up falling because of the bad and I also think that I stop using other hands and the deck ends up punishing me.