Chips
Here's the last part of the hand, please give me your opinion

R

RocwX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You had some showdown value with your two pairs, so I think a check behind would be the best approach for the river. Since you decided to bet, your bet was way too small relative to the pot size, so you were not really making him fold a better hand. Also, your bet was too small for someone who had a Q, you would try to get more value for such a good hand. The way the hand was played makes it difficult to realize if the other player has you beat or if he figured out you didn't have the nuts and is trying to bluff you. His actions could also mean he was going for the flush and is now trying to bluff you. If you had checked the turn he could be more inclined to bet the river and you could better evaluate your options.

This is a very difficult decision and, in your position, I would always check behind this river. In any case, I would probably fold this hand and try to get myself back up in better spots.

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You had some showdown value with your two pairs, so I think a check behind would be the best approach for the river. Since you decided to bet, your bet was way too small relative to the pot size, so you were not really making him fold a better hand. Also, your bet was too small for someone who had a Q, you would try to get more value for such a good hand. The way the hand was played makes it difficult to realize if the other player has you beat or if he figured out you didn't have the nuts and is trying to bluff you. His actions could also mean he was going for the flush and is now trying to bluff you. If you had checked the turn he could be more inclined to bet the river and you could better evaluate your options.

This is a very difficult decision and, in your position, I would always check behind this river. In any case, I would probably fold this hand and try to get myself back up in better spots.

Thanks you for your appreciation, totally agree with the check behind in river, mistake to be fixed!

NBDG8477

NBDG8477

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey man mistakes happen its all about learning and I agree check behind seems to be the best option

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just check behind. now you dot know if he thought you were weak and is just aggroing you or he slow played the queens

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when the villain plays checks raise almost always means a strong hand, I do not know if that was the case but how they said a check behind would do very well.

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I forgot to say I finally folded!

Thanks everyone for the review, really appreciate this!

K

kbolding7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is definitely a hand where the learning point in that if you do take a stab and it is that small, you know that if you ever get raised you pretty much have to fold so i think the only thing that would make sense if you wanted to bet would be to try and size it as if you had a queen

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a difficult spot. I think he put you on nothing and restole it. He's patting himself on the back.

I'd like to think he had some reasonable hand - even a busted flush draw. But I doubt it.

Check behind would have answered all our questions.....lol

Good luck !

P

PokerDev

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For sure, check. You give yourself problems with this bet and this hand with 'not knowing where you are'....

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands