MTT Final Table Strategy & Hand Selection

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello Cards Chat Grinders,

I would like some advice from some successful tournament players. I have become pretty successful at making itm in these tournaments I've been playing. Unfortunately I can't seem to bring the win home and I end up getting 3rd through 8th usually. The last two final tables I had a top 5 chip stack and busted 8th and 6th. I would like to know your final table strategy and General changes to starting hand selection and how it relates to your position at the table. Thank you for your time.

Good Luck To All:cool:

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're almost always in shove or fold mode once you reach the final table. One leak to look for is to see if you are wasting a lot of chips pre-flop by limping or min-raising into a hand and then folding to a re-raise.

A

Alberto Martinez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I would like some advice from some successful tournament players. I have become pretty successful at making itm in these tournaments I've been playing. Unfortunately I can't seem to bring the win home and I end up getting 3rd through 8th usually. The last two final tables I had a top 5 chip stack and busted 8th and 6th. I would like to know your final table strategy and General changes to starting hand selection and how it relates to your position at the table. Thank you for your time.

Like Teepack mentioned, it's shove or fold. If the hand you hold is not one to push all the way, then let it go. I like my big blind and sometimes my small blind position. If no raise, cool; I can see the flop (which gives or takes hand strength). If I am not sure of my hand, I fold. I have folded pocket A's,K's and so on. I have seen most of those Folds save me my chips and have moved me forward to good pay levels. Remember the most important part, it's Poker and anything can happen. Try to enjoy your game by having fun, you might make better decisions and not even know it. GOD bless you.

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Final Strategy

I have read with some interest the "shove or fold" strategy and to me that equates to "Feast or Famine" "Victory or Defeat" surely there are more options. Realistically one has expended a fair amount of time getting to the final table..to just discard that on a Gamble?? I prefer to actually tighten up when I reach the final table and when I do play a hand it is with my original strategy of Tight Aggressive, rarely I am I shoving when there are players behind me. So far this strategy has worked fairly well, not 100% but I am still increasing my bankroll, playing and having fun, good luck and take care:):):)

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands