MTT Final Table

luizmarinho

luizmarinho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good morning,

Someone have any article or tips about FT, like which kind of hands should play etc, because always when I get into a final table, I finish in 5th or 6th place I know I'm playing it wrong but dont know how...

robertocoelho

robertocoelho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
which will vary your stack if you are short stack will have to be more aggressive hand hands to try to double.

luizmarinho

luizmarinho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
most of time the blinds are so high and the average stacks are between 10~15 bb

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have not read such articles. But I think. that they are on the Internet. If I have a small stack at the final table, sometimes I throw in the Ollin with a good map. If the average, then I try to pick up a very good card for a raise, or call someone else's raise. Having a big stack and use middle card. Learn to play at tables with 2, 3, 4 players.

S

SwiftHax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Plenty of articles everywhere actually. You're aiming for top 3 at this point (most of the money is there)

The way you play entirely depends on your stack and the table, don't get too tight and slowly chip away, instead pick your spots where you can shove/steal. If you're deepstacked you can allow yourself to raise more speculative hands (suited connectors and small pocket pairs)

Avoid calling though because unless you're both deepstacked there won't be much post flop so you're always better off being the aggressor where you'll be taking pots pre-flop or getting your stacks in the middle

Hope this helps.

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hi Luiz.

I would say that you need to play some low-stakes S'n'G's. These you can treat as final tables. In fact they are really without having to take 3 - 4 hours to get there. As Swifthax says you would be playing the same, aiming for the top 3 where the money is............Don't forget practise makes perfect...........Gl Marc :D:D:D

S

SwiftHax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Luiz.

I would say that you need to play some low-stakes S'n'G's. These you can treat as final tables. In fact they are really without having to take 3 - 4 hours to get there. As Swifthax says you would be playing the same, aiming for the top 3 where the money is............Don't forget practise makes perfect...........Gl Marc :D:D:D
What I might add to this is try the 9 man SNGs, they can simulate a final table (top 3 are paid)

luizmarinho

luizmarinho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Short and basic but helpful video here about playing a final table and when you are near final table. http://youtu.be/nQ0VS5QAwi0

Thank you. :)

Hi Luiz.

Yes I'm trying to do that, but even on micro stakes the same happens lol :(

What I might add to this is try the 9 man SNGs, they can simulate a final table (top 3 are paid)

I usually play that SnG 9 players, the problem are the blinds size, when they are high like on MTT FT, theres only 3 or 4 players left...

S

SwiftHax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play that SnG 9 players, the problem are the blinds size, when they are high like on MTT FT, theres only 3 or 4 players left...
Try turbos, then. You'll have high blind levels with 7-6 players left.

S

Sergei

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good morning,

Someone have any article or tips about FT, like which kind of hands should play etc, because always when I get into a final table, I finish in 5th or 6th place I know I'm playing it wrong but dont know how...

Depends how many chips you got at the final table. If you're the chip leader doesn't mean that you nedoma to push the Bank as do many inexperienced players. If the chip leader you look at it closely to his game most likely it will be the aggressive takida fence blinds and antes. Don't be afraid to take risks and to call raises players with a big stack than you having a good hand.

R

RandyMarsh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its all dependent on ur chip stack. if u are healthy u shud be opening if folded to in LP with most hands

C

cursed989

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also like the 9 man SNG idea, but I do find that a common mistake people sometimes make is:

When short stacked, people play a bit tighter than they would in another short stacked scenario because they think they'd outlast for another pay level. They lose sight of the target, which is that 1/2/3 finish. Avoid letting that dictate your play for sure.

H

hulaaaa

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the strategy here is simple. do pressure on opponents with a small stack without hands do not come into the fight with great, especially if he is aggressive (but do not be too tight).
decisions you make the final table at the price of much more expensive than in the middle of the tournament, or even bubble. So the best advice, support his stack, and not get carried away opponents stealing chips