MTT early stage betting trend

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I notice early on in MTTs people 2-3bet to open a lot. Is this play correct if antes start from level 1? or is it a way to leak chips?

G

Gaaangster

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Above 100bbs - x3
100bbs - x2.5
60-40bbs - x2.3
30-20bbs - x2.15
Under 20bbs - open limp your entire range. Fold the cards you don’t want to reshove. I usually never limp call

If the players in the blinds are defending a lot I’d size a little larger. If you are raising over limpers then use the size and add 1bb per limper. If I’m sitting on 100 plus bbs and everyone else has less, then I use the size that fits the table. If I’m in the BB and the SB limps then I usually re raise x4. If it folds around and I’m raising from the SB I use the size appropriate plus 1bb. Hope that makes sense. This is for mtts. In cash games it’s good to mix your sizings pre

Edit: I read your post again and I’m sorry if I mis read your op. But it’s good to have a set of ranges that you 3-bet from all positions against all the others positions. Have these ranges for the different amount of bbs you and the pfa has.

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing deep I like to open raise 3x in early-mid and 2.5 in the button.

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Got it. Thanks guys. I guess this is the trend of players attempting early on to grow the stack big... Though I see banana players shove a lot of chips for nothing on showdown. And I think to myself, "For fist few hands in MTT no rebuy - this is crazy..."

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars