Chips
I read a couple of ones but these books were more about cash poker

E

EL1t1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly, i would recommend watching youtube videos from players like Bencb( RaiseyourEdge) on youtube or other people who do coaching like him, he is one of the best in the world and you will improve for sure as long as you listen and try to understand what he is trying to teach, if you cant find it on youtube you can message me i dont want to post link here as im not sure if im allowed to promote that or not here :)

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love Dan Harrington's books on tournament poker

U

Unashamed88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what MTT books would you recommend? youtube/twich streams are not enough for me
If you are this hungry for knowledge and wanting to improve your game you want to consider getting a poker coach or using tools such as RaiseYourEdge(previously mentioned) or UpSwing. Dan Harrington and Barry Greensteins books are also great reads.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

These are great books to read. You can learn a lot from these books and they are worth time to go back and reread them. I try to find something new in them each time I read them.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do this as well! I reread them a bunch and yes, find something new every time and it stops me from falling into bad habits if I've lost my mojo a little and I'm a little on tilt. I've got a long flight from LAX to MEL Aust coming up, 15.50 hours AHHH! Oh well, I'm gonna take Harrington on Modern Tournament Poker with me and reread. Brush up on my game. I'm visiting relatives but I have to try my hand at an Aussie Millions saty while there. :)

E

edwardandein

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Both “Kill Everyone” and “The Raiser’s Edge” did wonders for helping my MTT strategy (used to be too TAG and didn’t know how to play against super aggressive people). Jonathan Little has a good MTT specific book also.

sammy22

sammy22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These are great books to read. You can learn a lot from these books and they are worth time to go back and reread them. I try to find something new in them each time I read them.

Are you referring to his original 3 volumes or his “Modern” book on tournaments? Which do you recommend should be read these days?

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I like the first two books. They are good for learning how to play a tight solid game. I should use this method more often, but I tend to be looser than Dan is by a little bit. These books still have helped me more than most other books.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MTT are mostly luck chaos theory.

sammy22

sammy22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the first two books. They are good for learning how to play a tight solid game. I should use this method more often, but I tend to be looser than Dan is by a little bit. These books still have helped me more than most other books.

Sounds good.....I’ll be picking up his 1st two books then, no one seems to argue that they’re not great “foundational” books at the very least. Have you read his book on “modern” poker?

K

krezip

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely recommend and good to start with.
Raiser's edge is so-so, but still nice to read.

But funny enough, what I liked the most is Gus Hansen's book Every hand revealed.

Although it's not technically sound it gives a great idea about the mindset of the LAG. And it's a fun book that brings the fun into the game. And that's why most of us started out to begin with.

Therefore I'd recommend at least that to bring some enjoyment in the way you approach the game.

J

japg11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I recommend the books of Alexander Fitzgerald (The Assassinato), also has a lot of material to really study on your YouTube channel !!

sammy22

sammy22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely recommend and good to start with.
Raiser's edge is so-so, but still nice to read.

But funny enough, what I liked the most is Gus Hansen's book Every hand revealed.

Although it's not technically sound it gives a great idea about the mindset of the LAG. And it's a fun book that brings the fun into the game. And that's why most of us started out to begin with.

Therefore I'd recommend at least that to bring some enjoyment in the way you approach the game.

Are you referring to his original Harrington On Holdem Books or his book on modern play?

K

krezip

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you referring to his original Harrington On Holdem Books or his book on modern play?
The old ones on Holdem. They're still very helpful to start out with.

Come to think of it - I also read Sit'n go strategy by Colin Moshman and that's pretty helpful too

IraiseThePot

IraiseThePot

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I love Daniel Negreanu's book Power Holdem - about small ball, but I think every book is outdated. Raise Your Edge is the way of going.