perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I play tight. I wouldnt have been in that hand to start with! If I had been the raise from sb I would have folded.

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play tight. I wouldnt have been in that hand to start with! If I had been the raise from sb I would have folded.

In freerolls or small buy-in I prefere to call less 10BB on button with suited A or K.

Sintubai

Sintubai

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After that turn, i think bad luck.. the villain receive 1 of 2 outs.. GL!

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a mistake more than bad luck. Yes its bad luck that the two outer got there but based on all action throughout the hand, the villian more than likely had a big pair which includes Aces so even with hitting the king you could be near dead.

I think the mistake is calling the raise pre flop. yes it could be a squeeze but more than likely it is not. Even if it is, Many squeeze with Ax so you are actually still behind. On may hands you will hit nothing and then have to call with air or like in this case, you can get sucked into the hand. Better to just fold to the SB raise. I dont mind the call to the initial raise at all even with a few to act behind.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As many have said, the mistake is calling the 3-bet preflop. Postflop is also somewhat close. When he pot it on the flop, I might still just say forget it and fold. Especially in a tournament where its important to preserve your chips. When you improve on the turn, it kind of feel like, you are committed to the pot, and you were in fact ahead at this point.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was just bad luck, I would be lying telling you that any poker player would have done exactly the same with that flop and turn, the cursed river as it always drowns the less fortunate haha

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a mistake more than bad luck. Yes its bad luck that the two outer got there but based on all action throughout the hand, the villian more than likely had a big pair which includes Aces so even with hitting the king you could be near dead.

I think the mistake is calling the raise pre flop. yes it could be a squeeze but more than likely it is not. Even if it is, Many squeeze with Ax so you are actually still behind. On may hands you will hit nothing and then have to call with air or like in this case, you can get sucked into the hand. Better to just fold to the SB raise. I dont mind the call to the initial raise at all even with a few to act behind.

As many have said, the mistake is calling the 3-bet preflop. Postflop is also somewhat close. When he pot it on the flop, I might still just say forget it and fold. Especially in a tournament where its important to preserve your chips. When you improve on the turn, it kind of feel like, you are committed to the pot, and you were in fact ahead at this point.

Maybe you didn 't pay attention , but on the flop I got a two-way straight draw, and it was cause I called to the end, especially when I got a K on the turn.

moulan7

moulan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a mistake to call the 3bet preflop and maybe even the first raise.
Then it's a mistake too to call the pot sized bet with an open ended straight draw.
Sometimes we have to abandon our draws, it's not a shame.
Then it's your opponent's mistake to go allin on the turn, but ok I understand that he plays scared and he goes berserk xD.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe you didn 't pay attention , but on the flop I got a two-way straight draw, and it was cause I called to the end, especially when I got a K on the turn.

Yes I saw that, but this is not the greatest draw in the world. You are drawing to a 1-liner, and 2 of your 8 outs will also create a possible flush. This mean, your implied odds are not the best in the world, and when you are facing a pot sized bet, this is in my opinion very close. Not saying it was a mistake to call, but it would also have been totally fine to fold.

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I saw that, but this is not the greatest draw in the world. You are drawing to a 1-liner, and 2 of your 8 outs will also create a possible flush. This mean, your implied odds are not the best in the world, and when you are facing a pot sized bet, this is in my opinion very close. Not saying it was a mistake to call, but it would also have been totally fine to fold.
When I go to fight in freeroll I prefere not to fold any draw except when I must call shove.

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a mistake to call the 3bet preflop and maybe even the first raise.
Then it's a mistake too to call the pot sized bet with an open ended straight draw.
Sometimes we have to abandon our draws, it's not a shame.
Then it's your opponent's mistake to go allin on the turn, but ok I understand that he plays scared and he goes berserk xD.

Against a CO open we can either flat or 3bet with K8s, both is fine (fold is waaaay too tight). But if we call pre we should then fold to a squeeze.

Also, to OP: Yes we do get a open ended straight draw on the flop. But the stacks are too shallow to flat a pot sized bet. Fold or jam. Though, the first mistake is preflop ofcourse, so this spot shouldn't exist in the first place.

moulan7

moulan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Against a CO open we can either flat or 3bet with K8s, both is fine (fold is waaaay too tight). But if we call pre we should then fold to a squeeze.

Yeah I don't argue about that, that's why I say maybe :p.
But anything here is not really a mistake, call, fold, or raise. I still prefer fold though xD.

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I don't argue about that, that's why I say maybe :p.
But anything here is not really a mistake, call, fold, or raise. I still prefer fold though xD.

That's exactly my point. Folding is a huge mistake imo. Even with hands like K6s/K5s you should be calling here. The main difference deepstacked is between suited and non suited hands. While we would be folding hands like A7o/Q9o etc, we want to be calling/3 betting a lot of suited kings and aces since they play so much better deepstacked. The main reason being that we have a lot more playability, backdoor flushdraws allow us to float a lot more hands which hugely increases our equity realisation.

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This can not be called a mistake, but your game was somewhat incorrect. You have a good position and the initial call in 2BB is beyond doubt. Calling in 12ВВ with hope for a flash? It's hard to believe that you were counting on a pair of kings with 8 kickers. Further fortune plays with you cat and mouse. First, a double-sided street draw, and then an overpair to boot. I don’t believe in such coincidences, most likely it’s a quirk of poker sites, but you missed a knockout blow when your chances of winning were 46 to 2. After the turn, any card except the lady is in your favor and nonetheless. I note that your opponent was impeccable until the moment when he went all-in after the king on the turn. Do not worry! Outs and odds of the bank work over a long distance and may fail in one specific situation. Good luck!

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This can not be called a mistake, but your game was somewhat incorrect. You have a good position and the initial call in 2BB is beyond doubt. Calling in 12ВВ with hope for a flash? It's hard to believe that you were counting on a pair of kings with 8 kickers. Further fortune plays with you cat and mouse. First, a double-sided street draw, and then an overpair to boot. I don’t believe in such coincidences, most likely it’s a quirk of poker sites, but you missed a knockout blow when your chances of winning were 46 to 2. After the turn, any card except the lady is in your favor and nonetheless. I note that your opponent was impeccable until the moment when he went all-in after the king on the turn. Do not worry! Outs and odds of the bank work over a long distance and may fail in one specific situation. Good luck!
I'm call to see flop only, cause I have not any notes on villain but see too many bluff re-raises pre in CC FRC freerolls, so I thought about vilains not very strong hand like QJ or
KQ

AllenKll

AllenKll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mistake.

The call of the min raise was valid, but the 3-bet by the small blind should have been your cue to fold.

However, once you were in the hand, you played it properly I would think. He caught a 2 outer. It happens.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Preflop I think you made a mistake. While I can understand you call on the min raise in position, calling the 3bet with 14+% of your stack knowing your king could be counterfeited is not the best move in my opinion. Flop is fine but with you stack being so short I may of re-raised all in but you did not make a mistake here. The river. You needed 27.5% equity here. We cant say the King is a good card at this point so we need to hit the open ended and most likely the 8 would be good as well. 12 outs give us around 24% to hit assuming he has no sets here so the rived probably should have been a fold buts its close enough I cant blame you for the call.

That being said, that was a sick freaking river. You were very unlucky there.