***Mischievous March SNG Thread***

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As for the thread title, everyone was doing it, so yeah :cool:

Besides, it's pretty appropriate, seeing as how we're the dark side and all...

darth_vader_nooo_7675.jpeg

Gl everybody, I know I'll need it, my roll is suffering :(

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
clicked on this thinking this was the cash game chat thread lolz.

whatever in anyways.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Brian :D

So I just installed Ubuntu on my computer, it's really awesome. And apparently it's really easy to run Tilt/Stars using Wine, so that's cool. I'm not sure though if I can get PT3 to work in here though so I'll have to figure that one out.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In before I get distracted by 6-max PLO again :p

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In before I get distracted by 6-max PLO again :p

Dude, PLO 6-max is mega fun, but every time I think I'm doing something right in that game it crushes me.

(sounds kinda like SNG's tbh :()

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LOL - yeah.

I plan to keep playing it but my earn rate at $5PLO is only a fraction of my earn rate in $6 SnGs so I'm sticking with them for making the moneyz and then playing PLO on the side.

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In.

Hopely this month people get back to the thread.

Back later to post my goals.

MuscleMan76

MuscleMan76

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Woot! Hopefully this month is the exact opposite from February.
My BR went from $315-$45 last month :( Dropped from playing the 6s to the 1.50s and now I'm probably not even properly rolled for those.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In.

Hopely this month people get back to the thread.

Back later to post my goals.

Yeah, it's kinda tough cause there aren't as many of us as there are in the cash thread, but I still think we can do a lot better than we did last month, in terms of posts in the thread.

Goals (very modest obviously):

1) get this thread active again!
2) play 50 HUSNG's
3) play 100 STT's
4) qualify for CC SCOOP freerolls on Stars
5) run goot!!!

And depending on my roll, it'd be nice to get another coaching session with Bwammo. He and I reviewed two tournaments of mine last month and it was super beneficial.

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In, Goals:
Make Goldstar again on ipoker
Get positive in my stake
Final table a large field MTT
Run at EV

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, it's kinda tough cause there aren't as many of us as there are in the cash thread, but I still think we can do a lot better than we did last month, in terms of posts in the thread.
Agree

Goals
- 600 games
- Silverstar
- make some moneeis!!

Question.

How you know when to stop of adding tables?.

I know is very persona-dependant, some are ok with 6-8 other run 20-40 easy, but when you know the number for you?.

i find that 8 is my #, still can have some reads and when in bubble not big troubles, but when was running 7 i think 7 was my #, so maybe i could get 9tables running and after time could get used to, but then probably want to load 10 and see if can do it also, then 11th, etc. so when to stop?.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
February was meh, would have been better if I hadn't finished with a 50BI downswing :/

March goals:
- 3k sngs
- Win

T

Tangerine 53

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
March goals for me:

Play 50 SNG's
Increase number of tables (now very comfortable with 2 so push to 3, maybe 4)
>10% ROI
Finally finish HoH
Start at least 1 hand history thread and contribute to others

Modest compared to sum (3k SNG - wow) but I have a job, girlfriend, son etc!

Good luck to all for the month

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1) get this thread active again!

Let us discuss strat in here... You have the power now!

Seriously though, there's been the same amount of discussion in the HA, all that's happened is that good discussion in this thread has stopped (players that don't care about looking at results graphs, have left). Just saying.

Anyway, goals.

1. Play some form of poker.

That's about all I can hope for this month.

:party:

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree

Goals
- 600 games
- Silverstar
- make some moneeis!!

Question.

How you know when to stop of adding tables?.

I know is very persona-dependant, some are ok with 6-8 other run 20-40 easy, but when you know the number for you?.

i find that 8 is my #, still can have some reads and when in bubble not big troubles, but when was running 7 i think 7 was my #, so maybe i could get 9tables running and after time could get used to, but then probably want to load 10 and see if can do it also, then 11th, etc. so when to stop?.

If you have tracking software, you can run reports to show you how you fare with 10 tables or 15 etc. I found that whenever i was 17+ tabling, my ROI would significantly drop. It's just trial and error really, if you feel like you are not rushed, then play the same number of tbales, find ways to do things differantly in your setup, try hotkeys, trying stacking tables, experiment to find your perfect setup and it will lead to you being able to play more tables comfortably.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi thread! My priority will continue to be mtt's - but I will play 75-100 sng's a month to maintain silver star status so I can earn fpp's at a higher rate.

Unfortunately I have to give up on turbos - way too many regs even in the $6.50's and I can't win playing those. Funny enough I seem to do better at the $11 standards than the $5.50's so will start off playing those - if it doesn't go well I will drop down.

loopmeister

loopmeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Brian :D

So I just installed Ubuntu on my computer, it's really awesome. And apparently it's really easy to run Tilt/Stars using Wine, so that's cool. I'm not sure though if I can get PT3 to work in here though so I'll have to figure that one out.

linux is the nuts.

I run Kubuntu with XP in a dedicated VMWare session (also keeps nasty poker clients from knowing what's on my machine). I only have a 1.6GHZ Dual Core and it runs FTP with multi-tables + PT3 no problem.

PostgreSQL is running on the Ubuntu side (obviously). So I can connect to my pokerDB from the VMWare session / my laptop on the wifi network etc. etc.

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
February Goals

Play 300 sngs -----played 198 x $2+$3 and 62 $5x10 man stts = total 260
Continue profit---- 5 figure profit( counting the Cents)
Post some hands----yes
Continue absorbing Good SnG Material-----Yes
Don't be afraid to ask for help----yes

March

February

Play 300 sngs
Continue profit
Post some hands
Continue absorbing Good SnG Material
Don't be afraid to ask for help

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Suggested Idea for discussion for this thread.

I am still a newbie at sngs and my bet sizing is all over the map. I could use some help at suggested bet sizing at different levels of STT

Thanks

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will get involved more later in month I hope. Having bi-polar mood swings. Withdrawal issues and real life financial trouble have me too over stressed to play good poker right now. Will make a weak ass goal list and hope to stick to it.

I'm starting to question whether playing poker with mental issues is a good idea or not. Mood swings are killing me. Had very profitable month last month but started declining toward end. Lack of attention and running a little bad at same time. Might play a little just to make IM but can't see putting in volume this month with mood I'm in right now.

Goals for this month:

1) make at least bronze IM

2) Get back in upward mood swing so I can get in some manic hand strategy discussion .

3) Lay off playing poker as much as possible while still remaining active member in discussion.

4) Try not to end up in psych ward( seriously:()

That's it. Now back to Feb. thread to finish my goals results I had perfectly posted earlier then accidentally erased:eek:.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi thread! My priority will continue to be mtt's - but I will play 75-100 sng's a month to maintain silver star status so I can earn fpp's at a higher rate.

Unfortunately I have to give up on turbos - way too many regs even in the $6.50's and I can't win playing those. Funny enough I seem to do better at the $11 standards than the $5.50's so will start off playing those - if it doesn't go well I will drop down.

Have you considered going to the 18 and upwards sngs? Something like the 45s or 180s would have some of the same concepts you use in your mtts?

Um got to steps to play through and then I will decide where I am going from there. Decided to try make a ticket to the mill so grinded some t$ sats then used the winnings to play steps and have ended up with a ticket to the Sunday mill which will be a total crap shoot.

The play in some of these is major soft and you can tell which people have come from the step 1s as they are playing scared. got a few 3s and 2s to play.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have you considered going to the 18 and upwards sngs? Something like the 45s or 180s would have some of the same concepts you use in your mtts?

Hate tournaments that don't start with at least 3k in chips - prefer 5k or more. :)

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But surely with you having a background of both sngs and mtts you'd crush the 45s and 180s?

P

Potheadwoman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
March Goals

Okay last month I think I realistically set good goals. I came close to achieving them but had some set backs. I played 178 3.30 10 handed SNGs. My net was 17.20 (laughing out loud) with a 2.91 ROI. I did some experiments with different game structures so I believe I really have around 5% ROI with the 3.30 SNG. Okay soo

My goal this month is to move my ROI 5% up playing 200 games!!! OH and of course to improve my general game!

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Suggested Idea for discussion for this thread.

I am still a newbie at sngs and my bet sizing is all over the map. I could use some help at suggested bet sizing at different levels of STT

Thanks

Preflop generally it's around 2.5BB or just an open shove depending on effective stack sizes. Conserving chips is one of the most important things in SnGs so by raising smaller you save on the times your opponents three-bet and you have to fold. Shoving when effective stacks are around 10BB on the other hand maximises your fold equity.

Postflop there are more variables, maybe post a few hands where you have questions?