Minimum number of tournaments

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would like to know your opinion - because I do not have much time to play, and playing poker is just a hobby for me, can I count on a decent result in the game if I play only about 5 tournaments a week?
I know that this is a very small distance, even for one day, but still -20 tournaments per month, 200-250 tournaments per year - Can I count on a positive result for this distance?

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Its hard to say that you could or couldn't to be honest with 200-250 games. It will depend on many factors. If you are only playing say 45 man tournament the amount of game over a year should show you what you are looking for as a player. If you were playing in game with say 750 to 1000 it would not be enough games due to the variance in poker. As for playing this amount of game as a hobby and learn from it, this is a fine number of game to play.

bakreni

bakreni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its hobby so just have fun end enjoy the game

VMVarga

VMVarga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually you will get better if you practice anything that takes skill. We general like the things we are good at much more than the things we are not good at, or things which take an inordinate amount of time to master.

For all players who consider this a hobby, which is the vast majority--minus the real pros and the people who have delusions about being pros--the most important thing is that you have fun and enjoy playing, otherwise why are you even doing it?

If you only have that much time to play, maybe you can find some time elsewhere to read some books or watch others play. You don't have to be playing to be working on improving.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The knowledge gained must be consolidated in practice.
study and knowledge of one theory is not enough

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would like to know your opinion - because I do not have much time to play, and playing poker is just a hobby for me, can I count on a decent result in the game if I play only about 5 tournaments a week?
I know that this is a very small distance, even for one day, but still -20 tournaments per month, 200-250 tournaments per year - Can I count on a positive result for this distance?

Tournament poker is good because it combines distance with luck. With some luck, you can win decent money, even playing only a few tournaments a month. But if you want to achieve stable results at the expense of skill - you must gain distance. The exact number of tournaments is not known, it depends on your employment and ability to play multiple tables at the same time. I just get bored playing 1 or 2 tables, and I usually play at least 4 at once, and when there are a lot of good tournaments, I can play up to 6-8 tables at a time. Therefore, five tournaments per week seem to me to be insufficient. So much is quite possible to play in one evening.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think today a sampling of 500 to 1000 monthly tournaments would give you a good base to see if you are profitable or not, unless that is bullshit. Of course you can always hit a big hit by winning a great tournament that can change your life , but I believe that the smaller your tournament sampling, the less chance of that happening. Try to study and play at least 4-5 tournaments a day, I think it will accelerate your learning and your chances of winning a great tournament

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think this is not enough. Although you can get good results, but in financial terms it will be scant amounts. I am convinced that it is necessary to play at least two tournaments a day.

drubas

drubas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Depending on your skill level that sounds not too bad. I know players who play even fewer games and play profitably. Sven Reichardt is one example. He still plays Poker and sometimes streams on Twitch (Nili_Aoe or something like that).

Greets!

PS: I assume he is an honest guy and we can believe what he tells us.

darthjewel

darthjewel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you treat an activity as a hobby you should not expect any extraordinary results
regardless of the number of tournaments.
After several hundred meetings your results should improve, how much - it depends on the type of tournaments you will play.
If your goal is to achive 'decent results' you may consider other form of games,
I think playing ring games you could gain the experience more quickly than playing tournaments.