abzdolc

abzdolc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all!
I would like to hear your opinion about hands 77 / 88 / 99
when you are on button or cut off, and there was a raise and 3bet agaist raise from EP.

:confused:
1) are you going to call only to catch set;
2) are you going to call only if odds great, for example when only 2bb OR & small 3bet
3) are you going to 3bet (part of bluffs) and to play aggresively against hands AQs, AK?

or it should be fold most of times

situation for stacks more than 35 bb
;)

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If 3bet is too big, fold. If no go to catch set. No way I 4-bet with +35BB, too early to make that bluff.

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Should fold to a 3 bet. Probably good indication you are against a higher pair, and you would't be getting the right odds to set mine. If it's an agressive playing you may be forced just to 4-bet jam.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Against a single EP raiser I will call and hope for a set but not necessarily fold depending on the flop and actions that happen.

Against a raise and 3 bet, it will really depend on what I expect the original raiser will do now and how deep the stacks are. If I don't have the correct odds to call the 3 bet I just would fold here. If I do not believe the original raiser will 5 bet and I have the correct odds to call I would call here but to be honest those times are far and few.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
with 2 players in im thinking i have to probably dodge at least 1 or 2 over cards on the flop. so i would just fold and not put myself in a tuff position if the flop comes with 2 overs. i agree if it is just one player and the raise is not too large I would call and hope for the set or that my position would be favorable for a steal.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if i have 9x implied odds ill call for set realizing that my hand is essentially only for set mining this early on.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, depends on the type of villain, if it's rock, I think the best option is to call, but if you have information that the villain does much OR, perhaps the best option is to 3bet to play with aggression and position on the villain.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cheapest option is fold, very likely you're up against a better hand.
No worries, better hand will come.

L

LuisBoaC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm almost always folding here. It's early in the tourney and you're deep-stacked so you've no need to take risks. Your opponents are probably thinking the same so the raise from EP and subsequent 3-bet indicate likely strength from at least one of them.
I would only call if somehow I was getting great pot odds, probably better than 5-1 (you're about 7-1 against to hit a set but there are implied odds).
I'm definitely not 4-betting a medium pair with 35+ BB. A lot of the hands that call you will be beating you already and there are a lot of flops that could scare you. I think it would take too large a raise to drive out the hands you are ahead of for it to be profitable.