March Tournament Run

thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys,

Been awhile since I chatted with you all. I have had a rough run playing lately (cash games.) It started in the middle of October, and I decided to switch things up in January. I slowed down playing NL holdem and moved toward fixed/pot limit hi-lo stud and omaha. That wasn't the answer. I have decided now to get back to what I first found success at in poker, online tournaments. There is not a better time than now. Starting Thursday I will have more free time than usual for a little over a week.

I want this to be constant for a month, at least through the first week of April. I will posting what tournaments I am in, and the major hands involved. I will be playing on Bovada. Hope to make some kind of schedule tomorrow, figure out what tournaments are good. Just played a $5 36 person SNG, finished 17th. Will post hands soon.

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Welcome back Dawg and good luck

thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doubled up. 33rd out 292 that is left, 536 got in.

thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At 2nd break, currently 37 out of 207 left. 702 was the final number that got in this. Top 99 make the money.

thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Two quick double ups, both was pre-flop all-ins with AQ. 39K in chips. In 11th currently, 110 left.

thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6th out of 49 that is left. Made a good read for a nice pot.

thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Down to the final 2 tables. 8 out of 17. A lot people are short-stacked.

thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
7 people left, I'm short stacked.

thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Finished 3rd out of 702. Flopped a straight and the other guy rivered a flush. Ran pretty well this tournament, and I have no complaints since a $2.20 BI got turned into $138. Wore out, will post hands tomorrow.

thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anybody know how to get hand history converted on here for free from Bovada?

thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once you have the download, you can copy the text file into that converter and it will format it for you.

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-rooms-10/bovada-hand-history-223481/

Thank You.

Rough day today playing, took a shot at a $12 MTT and missed. Played a few hi-lo Omaha/Stud sngs, cashed one and bricked the rest. Going to have to scale back my limits.

Still +99 on tournaments since I started this thread with the big cash I had the other night. Prob done playing for the day. Not for sure how much I can play tomorrow, but Saturday and Sunday I should be able to get some playing in.

W

waterboy73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats on the 3rd place finish, that's definitely a nice boost to the br. And good job on evaluating your game, and getting back to where you had success. Not everyone is willing to look their own game, without bias, and implement changes. Glad they are paying off rather quickly. I look forward to seeing what kind of schedule you are playing at Bovada, and good luck on your month long quest.

thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats on the 3rd place finish, that's definitely a nice boost to the br. And good job on evaluating your game, and getting back to where you had success. Not everyone is willing to look their own game, without bias, and implement changes. Glad they are paying off rather quickly. I look forward to seeing what kind of schedule you are playing at Bovada, and good luck on your month long quest.

Thank you, much appreciated.

Did end up playing a little tonight, but nothing to brag about. Played 2 $5 PL Hi-Lo omaha sngs, one I bricked and the other I finished 3rd for $9. I also played in a $4 satellite for the $10 GTD Sunday night. Bubbled out, top 6 got tickets and I finished 10th. Got 88 all-in preflop with about 9 BB's left, and AK called...spiked an ace on the river.

I don't think I will be playing any tomorrow, but if I get more downtime than I expect I may. I hope to make a schedule for Saturday at least.

thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All I got in today was 1 $5 PL Hi-Lo Omaha SNG, in which I finished 2nd. For tomorrow I plan on playing in the 5K GTD at 4:15 PM est, which is a $5 BI. I may play in the $1K GTD PL Hi-Lo Omaha at 4:35 PM est...depends on how active the 36 person $5 NLH sngs are around that time.

thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rough run today. Played in the 5K GTD, a 36 person $5 sng, and a $5 PL hi-lo omaha sng and bricked them all.

In the scheduled tournament I lost two big hands with 99 and QQ, in the sng I got all-in preflop with KQ (about 8 BB's left) and small pocket pair called and held up. I will post some hands when I can download them. Will try to play one more sng tonight, or if their scheduled tournament starting when I am available that I am interested in I will give it a go.

thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Didn't get anymore games in tonight. Tomorrow I will be playing in the:

10K GTD at 4:15 est
15K GTD at 4:30 est

I will also be playing some sng's throughout the day.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Good luck in the Sunday tourneys!

thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck in the Sunday tourneys!

Thank you mate. Hope your well!

Just started the 10K GTD, the 15K will be going shortly. Also just got in a 36 person SNG since it was getting ready to start.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Thank you mate. Hope your well!

Just started the 10K GTD, the 15K will be going shortly.
tks.

I'm in those two as well. (first time I've played a tourney on bodog in I don't know how long?)

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
tks.

I'm in those two as well. (first time I've played a tourney on bodog in I don't know how long?)

Couldn't find a sharp stick to poke yourself in the eye with, so you opted to torture yourself this way eh.;)
Good luck with both of them.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
All I can say is WOW!
The $10 tourney plays like a 10cent tourney.. no sh.1t.

That was just crazy... (had a guy get stacks in pre with KTo.. vs. AA.. & he turn & river K K lol).

couple hands later in the other one
raise AQs EP.. gets 4callers?
flop A-A-7.. I cbet... gets callers LOL
Turn.. '9'.. I bet.. SB Chk-rs's... I shove.. he calls with A2o (you know what the river was... right? lol).

Just seemed like there wasn't a single hand played where there wasn't utterly insane/bad/weird/wtf? type of play.
Maybe I give it another shot some day.. I think I've only played in one tourney on there ever (aside from the $100k ). Just not feasible to play on there with other tourneys running... my brain can't relate a person's play to their '#'.. whereas if they have a name I'm able to process & related way easier to their play.

Maybe some night I play a few.

gl bigdawg!