jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Quickly...what are some macro level strategies in your MTT game? Here are mine:

- Game Selection

I only choose games where I am extremely likely to cash. I have developed a custom MTT schedule which contains all of the games that present above average cashing opportunities and I continue to put in the work of watching the MTT schedule for any potential "freerolls." Seriously, I have had games where I register and I am ITM immediately.

- Ladder Climbing

Once ITM, I identify the next "significant" pay jump and determine my current likelihood of clearing said ladder. I use this laddering to help determine appropriate level of risk in hand selection.

For the purpose of generating a discussion, I will stop here (for now). :)

LJG23

LJG23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I could see a strategy like that working on BOL with the way their tournaments are structured. They have really cut their schedule so I don't play there much anymore.

I am working on a schedule of sorts like that for ACR. How long a tournament last, How long late reg is which is the last level that I will start with at least 20 big blinds. How long to anticipate playing for each stage of the tournament, how many is usually left at late reg, places paid, when the money bubble hits, how much, same info for final table.

It's been tedious getting all the data points and adding it to a spreadsheet but it has helped me tremendously with my game selection. It's allowing me to look at my time in more of monetary terms.

Quickly...what are some macro level strategies in your MTT game? Here are mine:

- Game Selection

I only choose games where I am extremely likely to cash. I have developed a custom MTT schedule which contains all of the games that present above average cashing opportunities and I continue to put in the work of watching the MTT schedule for any potential "freerolls." Seriously, I have had games where I register and I am ITM immediately.

- Ladder Climbing

Once ITM, I identify the next "significant" pay jump and determine my current likelihood of clearing said ladder. I use this laddering to help determine appropriate level of risk in hand selection.

For the purpose of generating a discussion, I will stop here (for now). :)

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I could see a strategy like that working on BOL with the way their tournaments are structured. They have really cut their schedule so I don't play there much anymore.

I am working on a schedule of sorts like that for ACR. How long a tournament last, How long late reg is which is the last level that I will start with at least 20 big blinds. How long to anticipate playing for each stage of the tournament, how many is usually left at late reg, places paid, when the money bubble hits, how much, same info for final table.

It's been tedious getting all the data points and adding it to a spreadsheet but it has helped me tremendously with my game selection. It's allowing me to look at my time in more of monetary terms.

This is almost exactly what I did with BoL. I identified the MTTs that give me a very high ITM % and I only play those ones. :)

F

frommelk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play on PS. Is BoL a good room for playing mtt \ mttsng?:stupido3:

Mac Poker