Luck in Winning tournaments?

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How true is the fact that you need luck to win tournaments?

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck is priceless in poker. You can play correctly at all times, but one blow will strip you of chips and prize money. In cash games, loss means that you have to buy a stack. But in the tournament it is always a departure from the game. Sometimes you can do a re-purchase, but it's your money again, and you only get the starter stack.

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck is priceless in poker. You can play correctly at all times, but one blow will strip you of chips and prize money. In cash games, loss means that you have to buy a stack. But in the tournament it is always a departure from the game. Sometimes you can do a re-purchase, but it's your money again, and you only get the starter stack.
Will you take luck over skill any day?

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How true is the fact that you need luck to win tournaments?
100% true that you need a bit of luck
Correct agree completely
You need both the luck of the devil will not win a big tournament for you if you have no idea what you are doing and why you are doing it good luck nice thread.:D

Aristodemus_

Aristodemus_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course you need lots of luck to win a big tournament. Even if you are in a great spot when the chips go in you still need luck for that hand to hold out. Other scenarios can just play themselves out which you can find yourself on the wrong side of. For example, I saw a guy go all in with KK, he was called twice by aces and another pair of kings.

Skill matters, but you need luck or it won't be enough.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In any case, you need luck. And in poker, even more so. Be you, at least an excellent player, but if luck has left you, then there will be no accumulation of chips. And with the increase in buy-in you will lose the stack.

jus7_play3r

jus7_play3r

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To win a tournament? Of course, not lucky difficult to do, almost impossible. No matter how good a player you need luck this is a fact you can get 9 out of 10 times the final table, but to win the tournament you need luck of course! :)

drejva11

drejva11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck is always RNG ( Random Number Generator). It does play the role in poker but not always :).

S

Snoodling123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you need luck

Yes,I believe you need a little luck but as a believer in the law of averages I think everything will even itself out in the long run.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Show me a man who is lucky every day! But of course, luck does not negate the need to be able to play. Otherwise, your angel banker will have a very difficult time keeping it. :cool:

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
No game. How would you not play well, if you do not go card you still lose . The bluff is also of little help if not good luck . Sooner or later you'll get caught . So without luck as without water and air .

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i believe 100%. because in the end you still need the cards to win. of course you need to play your opponent and sometimes you win and dont have any cards, but lets say the other players plays as good as you, in the end you will need the cards. and online poker to me is bull. because people will go all in with bad hand in in the majority of times they win. it happens to me at least 8 of 10 times i have the best hand, at least on pokerstars.

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need luck to win some specific tournament or in a short period of time, if you are good and place high volume you will win for sure without luck

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Put yourself in a position to get lucky. Use your luck as momentum to win.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the way Phil Hellmuth said:
poker is 100% skill and 50% luck.

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lucky to be good.

It goes without saying that you need to be a good player to win at poker ... but you need to be lucky to be good also. Any successful poker player will testify that they are also very lucky at times. BTW: in my opinion Phil Hellmuth talks a better game than her plays.

F

FunkNShine

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think luck is a big part as you'll almost always have to inevitable play that coin flip with someone. Helps if you're over them but it's still a coin flip none the less.

m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think luck is a big part as you'll almost always have to inevitable play that coin flip with someone. Helps if you're over them but it's still a coin flip none the less.
Poker is an investment and return game, as an action in a financial market.I believe that luck is the opportunity along with the daily dedication to change and want the outcome, so we call it luck:lollypop:

E

evenstacknow13

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's hard to win a poker tourney without luck! You can play near perfect and still run bad meaning not getting lucky. Thats a big part of the game, you just cant let your emotions get the best of you or you will start making incorrect decisions!

A

ATruRube

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It goes without saying that you need to be a good player to win at poker ... but you need to be lucky to be good also. Any successful poker player will testify that they are also very lucky at times. BTW: in my opinion Phil Hellmuth talks a better game than he plays.
What?
I don't know how much you know about poker, however, let me give you a few widely known stats regarding Phil: He has won a record fifteen World Series of Poker bracelets. He is the winner of the Main Event of the 1989 World Series of Poker(WSOP) and the Main Event of the 2012 World Series of Poker Europe (WSOPE), and he is a 2007 inductee of the WSOP's Poker Hall of Fame. Wiki

With a total of $14,029,582, Hellmuth holds the records for both the most WSOP cashes (127) and the most WSOP final tables (57)-somuchpoker.com

Party Poker ranks him at the greatest poker player of all time.
He is on everyone's top 10 list of greatest poker players.
He has over $20 Million in winnings
He has written 4 books
just to name some of his poker accomplishments.

Perhaps his greatest: he has been faithfully married to his wife, Kathy, for 28 years and they have two sons, whom he adores.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To win a MTT you definitely need luck, whether that be getting good pocket cards, good flops, winning flips, or hitting that 2 outer on the river.

Good solid play can decrease your reliance on the luck factor but you still need some to win it all.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
To wait for luck means to have iron nerves for a long period of time!

F

FunkNShine

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It goes without saying that you need to be a good player to win at poker ... but you need to be lucky to be good also. Any successful poker player will testify that they are also very lucky at times. BTW: in my opinion Phil Hellmuth talks a better game than he plays.
What?
I don't know how much you know about poker, however, let me give you a few widely known stats regarding Phil: He has won a record fifteen World Series of Poker bracelets. He is the winner of the Main Event of the 1989 World Series of Poker(WSOP) and the Main Event of the 2012 World Series of Poker Europe (WSOPE), and he is a 2007 inductee of the WSOP's Poker Hall of Fame. Wiki

With a total of $14,029,582, Hellmuth holds the records for both the most WSOP cashes (127) and the most WSOP final tables (57)-somuchpoker.com

He has written 4 books

Perhaps his greatest: he has been faithfully married to his wife, Kathy, for 28 years and they have two sons, whom he adores.

See, that's what I'm saying, coinflip that he could have had daughters...not to mention one's he might have despised. Luck I say!

Gyry

Gyry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is a game, as in any game, luck should be

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What?

He has written 4 books

Honey,
He Called my raise with Q10!