Limpers

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why players who limp any two cards to see the flop has a massive amount of chips? On micro limits, I see everyday that they're mostly cheapleading and a players who play solid TAG poker, sits with 10-20bb. Most of them don't go too far, but still some of them goes to the FT and sometimes even win it.

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I suppose it depends on the blinds and how much the player is willing to risk for any given hand. Personally, I try to avoid limping since the raise nets you solid information about your opponents. But that's just me. :)

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only time I limp is when I am in the pool. LOL.

neverbluff

neverbluff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Limping isn't a winning strategy versus good opponents, but most players at the micro stakes aren't that good.

abtvah

abtvah

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Limping is a nice tactic IMO. specially if you are at the table in which one or more players play aggressively. You can be pretty sure that if you limp there is always at least one player that will re-raise you.

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Limping isn't a winning strategy versus good opponents, but most players at the micro stakes aren't that good.
I know they would get crushed against pro's but I don't know how to play with them. They have tendency to cooler a lot cuz they play hands, that you would never open or call.

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Limping is a nice tactic IMO. specially if you are at the table in which one or more players play aggressively. You can be pretty sure that if you limp there is always at least one player that will re-raise you.
It's not a nice strategy, but it's not bad either. It's ok to limp with a certain range, but not all the time which they do. Also, they donk bet with nothing just for fun, which is even more frustrating. Idk how to play against them.

neverbluff

neverbluff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For the most part, people who open limp play very passively with a lot of weak hands, so raise slightly wider preflop with your best hands to isolate them (as long as the opponent's left to act won't re-raise), post-flop cbet when you have a good hand or think they are weak, and generally fold versus a reraise.

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For the most part, people who open limp play very passively with a lot of weak hands, so raise slightly wider preflop with your best hands to isolate them (as long as the opponent's left to act won't re-raise), post-flop cbet when you have a good hand or think they are weak, and generally fold versus a reraise.
Let's say I isolate with KQo. Flop comes T92r and he donks and he does it all the time on the turn and on the river with any two. What to do in these situations?

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's a stupid move, at least in my opinion. It can sometimes help or players who are constantly limping are totally free and do not know what they are doing. A mild raise of 2 big blends or 2.5 big blends is perfectly fine and limp is pointless in some situations. I'm not afraid when I get in with such players. An unnecessary move in my opinion. All the best, greetings!:)

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Also, most of them never fold on CB.

neverbluff

neverbluff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If he is donk betting often then I would call once with KQo depending on the size since we have 2 overcards and a gutshot to the nuts, and be willing to call down with top/middle pair almost every time he donks. You're describing more of a maniac than a passive player who open limps though.

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If he is donk betting often then I would call once with KQo depending on the size since we have 2 overcards and a gutshot to the nuts, and be willing to call down with top/middle pair almost every time he donks. You're describing more of a maniac than a passive player who open limps though.
Maniac players would raise, but they always limp and donk bet all the time. So hard to play against them.