Limp>3bet>4bet and 4 players

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A lot of people will disagree with me here which is fine (its actually what this forum is all about) but depending on the type of freeroll I am playing and the competition I feel I am going against I will not 3 bet with AK in these spots. The reason why I wont is because I know the players that I am going against will not fold anyway. So what will happen is you will raise as you did, then get all of them to call, see a flop that doesnt hit you and now you are saying uh oh spaghetti O's to yourself. I like to play AK here with just a flat call even though my hand is strong. I know I would not be thinning the field when I raise so I will see the flop and if it hits me then I can make the pot large then. If it doesnt hit me, then against 3 opponents I check or if led into just fold and its not a big deal. Playing this way allows me to make the pot big when I want to make it big and keep it small if I wind up hitting nothing.

Obviously this changes if you stack is less then 20BB in which case you can shove or if you feel like you are going against opponents who actually have a functioning fold button. It also changes when you have a premium pair since in that case you want to raise and have your opponents call since you are less flop dependent than you are when you have AK.

LuckyBundy13

LuckyBundy13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your re-raise pre flop size is too small. You want to take control of the hand in position and you do so by 3 betting bigger. Get the garbage hands out and narrow down the caller's range in order to better analyze your play on the flop. There's a good chance you whiff, but a healthy c bet will usually take it down. Don't be afraid to go all in over an out of position donk bet because you really want to see all 5 cards holding AK.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the previous statement...

MusterIsBack

MusterIsBack

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel that the player you played with was aggressive and you had to Re-raise. Even in the pre-flop, you had to more re-raise.

AmidamaruRu

AmidamaruRu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In freerolls, it is often worth waiting out 10 minutes and all inadequate players will almost always be eliminated, in the beginning you should not make raises, it can end like a replay

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The early stage, especially in the Freeroll, is a great opportunity to increase your pot for the middle and late stages of the tournament :) this is absolutely normal :) It is easy to assume that the 2 players who made the fold had QJ and A+ these are adequate hands to enter the game and not throw out on the preflop. The player in front of you may have had a pair that is also impossible to throw out on the preflop. Therefore, I don't see anything terrible or strange in this distribution ;) all is quiet :)

Your flight may have been a little small, but that's not for sure :) If you're ready to go all in, you might want to do it, but I wouldn't do it :)

B

Barbin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
based on the number of chips/blinds you have, you should just call the raise.
That's not a freeroll situation, it happens often in micro-low stakes MTTs, specially bounty series

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Analyzing the game in freerolls is an empty exercise. Here, villains can play with almost any two cards. I wouldn't be surprised if in this case the reraise and bet after the flop was with a small pocket pair. I agree with the statement above to disperse the bank was not worth it.