Originally Posted by Poker Orifice
Depending upon villain... you might be putting yourself in a bad spot here too though.... if villain raises us off of our draw.
Isn't the a big part of donking the flop with a big draw so that you can get your opponent to raise light (and thus, allowing you to bet/3-bet it all in?).
Be more inclined to donk bet when....
- You want value, and your opponent is unlikely to c-bet.
- With weak semi-bluffs if your opponent is likely to fold to a donk bet.
- With strong semi-bluffs deep when your opponent will raise you light.
- When stack sizes make bet/3-betting the preferable way to get stacks in.
- You're in a multi-way pot with a fish.