Late buy in satellite strategy.

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One thing I notice about the late buy in for Satellite games is that they let you late buy in ultra late. We are talking about 5BB left late. You sit down, you put in ante, you have 4.9BB behind if you are luck, 3.9BB if you sit in on the Big Blinds.

But you can use this to your advantage. If you open the remaining tables, sometimes you can figure out which seat the next person that joins will sit down on.

If you are able to time your seat to the Button or Cut off, you get to view 5-6 extra hands before losing half your stack to the blinds. Your buy in advantage here has enormous value.

This is one of the tips I can give you for Late buy in Sat.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One thing I notice about the late buy in for Satellite games is that they let you late buy in ultra late. We are talking about 5BB left late. You sit down, you put in ante, you have 4.9BB behind if you are luck, 3.9BB if you sit in on the Big Blinds.

But you can use this to your advantage. If you open the remaining tables, sometimes you can figure out which seat the next person that joins will sit down on.

If you are able to time your seat to the Button or Cut off, you get to view 5-6 extra hands before losing half your stack to the blinds. Your buy in advantage here has enormous value.

This is one of the tips I can give you for Late buy in Sat.

interesting, I hadn’t thought this way, I’m going to use it in my next poker sessions!

fhruhrhit

fhruhrhit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
please teach how to figure out which seat the next person that joins will sit down on.

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
please teach how to figure out which seat the next person that joins will sit down on.

If you are at the break, they will open a new table up the first player to join will always be the button, think 2nd player Sb, 3rd player is BB, 4th UTG so forth.

If you are joining and it isn’t a break, the tables are live you can open up the remaining tables. Usually there are only 3-4 tables. You can visually see which seats are open.

If you see 2 UTG seats open don’t join, you will end up there. If you see the small blind just busted out against a BB, go grab their seat, you will be in the button the next hand. No cards dealt for you on the first hand as a button, so your starting hand will be at the cutoff.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good idea, I will try this. My strategy for late, late registration is to try double up soon as possible. Sometimes works, sometimes not, but definitely worth ti play this way. On ACR yesterday I providped myself a seat in 50000 k gtd, 33$ buy in, tournament with on flip win and ther is a seat.

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good idea, I will try this. My strategy for late, late registration is to try double up soon as possible. Sometimes works, sometimes not, but definitely worth ti play this way. On ACR yesterday I providped myself a seat in 50000 k gtd, 33$ buy in, tournament with on flip win and ther is a seat.

The ACR sat has a lot of value, normally the micro ones with 8x tickets never reach the guarantee cash, and you add in if you buy in 1 min before the last level end, the next hand you are playing at 4BB. Makes doubling up super easy, lots of late joiners going to be playing Q high or better. Once you are at 80K chips you are basically set to make it to the ticket level.

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is as good as it gets, buy in 1 min before reg closes, next hand I am on the button, blind jump you have 3.33BB on level 13. This give me 4-6 extra hands before the blinds hit. 2 hands later get handed A10o, as good as it get with 3BB. Was able to get everyone to fold but the blind. A10o vs 98o. Lost it, but in terms of odds, this is as good as it gets for increasing your odds to win.

Attachments

• Screenshot (362).jpg
    Screenshot (362).jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot (364).jpg
    Screenshot (364).jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 7
madbeeet

madbeeet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not less than 10 BB otherwise it is very difficult to use. And you just give the buy-in to trunir to someone)

Poker Tells