ladies events - why are men joining these tournaments?

Aslachiewicz

Aslachiewicz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cant believe the article i just read about the 22men entering a ladies event in the EPT. I think it is kinda disheartening for all ladies when they play in a ladies only event to find out that a 25% of the field are actually men. I am in no way shape or form a feminist at all. But at some point guys we want to allow women into this game and feel comfortable - not overwhelmed or cheated.

I do like the idea that the wsop has put into play regarding ladies events which is as follows:

One creative solution has been tried by the world series of poker, which changed a $1,000 buy-in Ladies Event to a $10,000 buy-in…with a 90 percent discount for women.

I would love to hear some ladies views as well as mens thoughts on ladies tournaments and if men should be allowed to enter or not.

lsbenn

lsbenn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ladies tournaments were started to get more women into enjoying the game and comfort. These dorks who think its funny to enter these events should be ashamed of themselves. You find these same ones that enter senior events also and they are not old enough. They scream discrimination.

I like the idea of making it excruciating for them to enter these events.
I played in a women's event in Biloxi,MS that had 2 men enter and they put a bounty on their head. Knock them out and get your buy-in back ($350). It was fun watching them squirm and get knocked out and humiliated when they announced it to the whole room.

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The reason men play in them is because these men are jerks. I did not know that they had also seeped into the Seniors' events.

The WSOP solution works. The simplest solution to me would be to make the Ladies or the Seniors events "Invitationals" instead of "Opens". If a male/young jerk tries to apply, he/she is "not invited".

I'm sure there is some regulatory reason why this simple solution is not implemented. But they should fix that. Already, I have heard people on the ESPN broadcast of the Main Event talking about "Open" events and other events in reference to the difference between regular events and the Ladies Event.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I actually know someone who did entered a lady's event even though he was not qualified, He called it unfair and discriminatory and wanted the places to start having men only evens to be fair.I asked him how often he plays against lady's in the events he plays and he said not that often but maybe 1-15 or so events. Then i told he he basically plays in men's only events all the time as in most events there are only a handful of the lady's playing he did pause for a few but just went back to it being unfair.

I have not seen this person in years and don't realty care to. He was always arrogant and stubborn to being unfair. I will never understand why some men want to play those events but its pathetic that they do,

Last edited:
steve22055

steve22055

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really find it sad that men would want to play in a women's tournament and scream discrimination. This type of thing happens everyday in our world anymore. People get butt hurt because they were excluded. Give me a break. Let the women have their tournaments. I liked the solution one person posted where the men would pay 10k but the women get a 90% discount. This would stop some but not all men from entering. For the rest that do enter, require them to wear a dress. lol There are organizations such as LIPS and PLON that are trying to get more women involved in poker and I for one applaud them for their efforts.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
probably for laugh joking around.
people do the dumbest things at times.:D