KO or Regular?

C

Cinhos_2000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I want to pay some 0,55c tournaments on pokerstars and was wondering which ine is easier to cash. I fell that the bounty tournaments have a lot of gamblers, but since the field is too big I don't know if I'd be better of on a regular tournament. Any tips?

Last edited by a moderator:
E

eluwinka0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just play what you feel better. At The micro stakes, the level will be very low in both regular or ko tournaments, so you shouldnt have problems if you will be focused enough

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If your goal is to get better and move up, I think, its best to start with regular tournaments. Bounties can be a bit of a distraction, if you dont yet have your default lines and strategies hammered down.

C

cportweed

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
best to start with regular tournaments. Bounties can be a bit of a distraction, if you dont yet have your default lines and strategies hammered down.

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Regular freeze out tournaments if they still have them on Stars. I miss PokerStars. :icon_pale

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you see more crazy play in the KOs, like players calling shoves with ace rag hoping to take somebody out.

R

Riversalmon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like playing regular tourneys, but lately i've been playing a lot of PKO tourneys and have been having a blast due to the intensity

A

Anton1609

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of course, knockout tournaments, as in them you may not reach the prizes and beat the buy-in and even more

ryknow666

ryknow666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i preffer bounty hunters

F

fourroses

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer regular tournements at KO tournements you must have at the beginning luck to get a high stack ,when not the big stacks dominate you ,at a ko tournement you had to play loose to win something and that is not my play

T

the_bridge222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both tournaments can make you winnings, play with what you feel most comfortable with. Good luck!

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Both of tourney are good but I ,personally, prefer KO because during the game you'll be cash out for bounty which is not so bad I guess.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started liking the knockout tourneys better, you can make a profit and not even get in the money sometimes. Players are a bit loose, but aren't they always. lol

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I want to pay some 0,55c tournaments on Pokerstars and was wondering which ine is easier to cash. I fell that the bounty tournaments have a lot of gamblers, but since the field is too big I don't know if I'd be better of on a regular tournament. Any typs?

I'm playing the tournament that starts faster. Rules? Each is interesting in its own way, but for me there is no difference. In any tournament, you need to play well to get a positive result.

C

cportweed

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
best to start with regular tournaments. Bounties can be a bit of a distraction, if you dont yet have your default lines and strategies hammered down.

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really like the KO tournaments but I prefer the regular freezeout tournaments :)

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think regular tournaments are better for those just starting out.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I want to pay some 0,55c tournaments on Pokerstars and was wondering which ine is easier to cash. I fell that the bounty tournaments have a lot of gamblers, but since the field is too big I don't know if I'd be better of on a regular tournament. Any typs?

Believe it or not a "bounty" tournament changes the math on everything from opening ranges played to push/shove ranges and minimum defense frequencies. Many people simply cannot make the changes. That being said, with us small stakes players , you are right it seems to be bounty tournaments draw plenty of bingo players and they can be rewarded generously when they are running good. If I was going to concentrate on a slow and steady approach, I might stay away from bounty BUT if you are feeling that the cards are falling your way today LOL - Go for it. I am half-joking but at our stakes it is true. Poker pros like Bencb have done videos on the difference in tournament equities , if you want to hear a description - you should be able to search youtube for "raise your edge" videos to find his channel

Pufik

Pufik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends what format you like to play. You are right with that Bounty mtt are more gambling and risky but if you have enough luck you can earn pretty money before bubble yet. Regular mtts are classic. I would combinatet both

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Each game offers unique aspects of play, some play KO as they can win money and not even get high enough to finish in the winnings from the game.

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I prefer the KO tournaments because you always have chance to get more earns, in cases that you are not eliminated first

A

Adakain

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Knockout is a very interesting tournament, I like it more than usual. And the reward is paid immediately

T

TomWH

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can expect considerably more aggressive play in the knockout tourneys. I'm normally not an aggressive player so prefer tourneys that run 8-12 minute blinds as opposed to those running 3-5 minutes.

L

Leo1145

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

In the ko tournaments you gotta put in perspective the ko money you will get , lets say a player has 8 dolars and other got .25 cents, you will be more likely to call a all for 10 bb with a9s for the player with 8 dolars, but gotta be careful as a lot of player be hunting those bunties and you might get your self a call with worse and take a bad beat
regulars tournaments when all ins less people tend to call, they take a more thigher range