Knockout Tournaments

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have some friends who have specialized in this format of game, according to report of these players, this format is profitable, the dynamics of elimination, generates a good refound if the tournament is of an average value, so that elimination is profitable.
I used to play more sit & go, today I'm in Mtt, risking some Knockout,

How do you feel about the format of games in poker?
I realized over time that if you can adapt to a format, you should only venture into it, to be more profitable, It is perfect for those who tie in emotion and heads-up. And while the chance of being eliminated is plausible, there is nothing better than taking a player with a threatening personality or even unbearable with his own hands.

And you?
What do you think of the Knockout tournaments?

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Love KOs not enough of them in ACR and the Omaha ones are expensive like $300++....

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really like KO but I think players are more aggressive.

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The thing about knockout tournaments is that there is not a lot of money at the end of the rainbow because so much of it goes to knockouts. I do like to play them sometimes, more so live when I don't want to risk a lot of money to play ( they are $100 at Foxwoods with a $25 bounty). So if you manage to knock out a few players you'll be playing for close to free. Although it does change the way people play because they will take more risks to knock out a player.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I like these tournaments. Players often overestimate the power of their hands.

pepsilv

pepsilv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that players get more aggro and, there are more posibilities too. I like it so far but still want to learn more of the K.O. game.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You gotta love that Big "THWACK!" pokerstars makes every time you KO someone,,,Luvs it! :pcguru:

honorwar

honorwar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Knock outs are funny tourneys to play.On these tourneys We 'll see shoves with marginal hands.

Gamebreakr25

Gamebreakr25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have some friends who have specialized in this format of game, according to report of these players, this format is profitable, the dynamics of elimination, generates a good refound if the tournament is of an average value, so that elimination is profitable.
I used to play more sit & go, today I'm in Mtt, risking some Knockout,

How do you feel about the format of games in poker?
I realized over time that if you can adapt to a format, you should only venture into it, to be more profitable, It is perfect for those who tie in emotion and heads-up. And while the chance of being eliminated is plausible, there is nothing better than taking a player with a threatening personality or even unbearable with his own hands.

And you?
What do you think of the Knockout tournaments?
Hello !!! I LOVE Knockout tournaments. I like variety also, so it's a nice changeup from regular No Limit Hold Em tournaments. I hope all is well :cool:

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

I don't do well in knockout tournaments. However, I can see the value of it. It seems the person that can keep buying in has a distinct advantage over the person with that can buy in only once.

The thing that is nice with multiple buy ins the tournament usually makes its guarantee. There buy cardschat doing thier job by bringing them in and making the quota.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
At first I struggled with this format did no like it.

Now I gotten good at it and I play them relatively often. I play a lot of O8 KO it is fun.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I also like these tournaments. Most often, I play in such tournaments with knockouts on PokerStars.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I like to play knockout poker. But it must be remembered that the main goal is a prize zone, and prizes for knocked out players are secondary.

madjek

madjek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I like to play knockout poker. But it must be remembered that the main goal is a prize zone, and prizes for knocked out players are secondary.
I disagree that the ko prize is secondary. All depends on how big it is. I used to play in a live one pretty consistently and was only 75 buy-in with 25 bounty. The bounty prize was main goal imo as prize amounts for cashing weren't much. I always hoped to run good early to get a stack going so I could go after bounties as much as possible

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You put a bounty out and literally everyone starts going bonkers for it! Same thing in live tournaments.

you're right, some people prefer to take the risk just for the reward of eliminating a player.

P

PeedroZack

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can get some tips with your friends and try to be profitable

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Different game than normal Holdem, people are more focused on bounty than on the actual hand you hold

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You gotta love that Big "THWACK!" Pokerstars makes every time you KO someone,,,Luvs it! :pcguru:

Multiple "THWACK!" for you my friend!!!
I love KO's, but they have to be progressive!

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2 Thwacks so far! ;) 10 more to go! 2 :cool:

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
100+

the theme is not bad, but the game should be forgotten for the ITM point, their goal is only one, but you need to resist the opponent and read the game for free, it is better to play $ 100 + less risk for a slow game

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I really like knockout tournaments.One of the best in PS.