Knockout tournaments

K

klada152

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just started playing knockout tournoments. What your opinon and strategy playing these tournoments ?

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mainly play bounty tournaments.

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These are a lot of fun, but people play a lot looser. They will take your bounty into account when calling allin's so consider that before shoving. They call wide!

ssory83

ssory83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The knockout games are very good. I have been playing for a long time and I have won fairly. One strategy would be not to play weak hands. It's an ordinary tournament, just as every player's head is a reward.

Z

ziomalele2

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In KO games I preffer to play TAG. You can get more for winning the tournament than for bounty

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
they are my favorite tournaments, and in my hanacias record they are the tournaments that I have won the most money, in 2016 I won a Bounty tournament 1 first place I won $ 3,700

andreigabor

andreigabor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just stay calm, and play your best game, don 't panic because people will go all in with a lot of hands becasue of your bounty, just try to play your spots and your monster hands as best as you can, good luck!

K

klada152

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they are my favorite tournaments, and in my hanacias record they are the tournaments that I have won the most money, in 2016 I won a Bounty tournament 1 first place I won $ 3,700
Dou you play wit progerssive ko or ?

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also tend to play tighter in a KO and wait for better hands. I really want to pick on players with a smaller count than me and play for stacks. Pretty easy to get your buy in back on just bounties, but you have to be careful and not get into multi-way pots "chasing" a ko.

M

mayoroftittycity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Minority opinion, I'm not a big fan. I just don't like the way that it changes up the game.

Jooseme

Jooseme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play much tighter than you usually do.

gabpoker

gabpoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think people make more errors in bounty tournaments placing more emphasis on the bounty than they should. You can often take advantage of players trying to get a bounty with a weak hand. It usually opens up their calling ranges quite a bit. When short stacked I will play more aggressive with premium hands and it is more likely than normal I will be called.

M

Mateo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play your short stacks in late position and get calls with weaker hands chasing your bounty. Don't get annoyed by bad beats

Vuske111

Vuske111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of people open more hands because of bounties try to take advantage of that,and at early stages dont go crazy for bounties because compared to late stages of tournament they are nothing

carli

carli

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These are my favorite tournaments. It's a good feeling when you throw someone out and get the money.I use the same strategy as in other tournaments. Sometimes the desire to throw someone out of the game can make you a problem.​

H

Haemophile

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
definitely my favorite type of tourney. but can mess you up sometimes when multiple pairs get dealtv like last night utg +1 shoves , I shove over the top then got called by a short stack on the button. hand in order of play were 66 TT QQ so I lost half of my stack for that one.

sergik1992

sergik1992

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just started playing knockout tournoments. What your opinon and strategy playing these tournoments ?

Last time I play only one knockout tournament. It`s $2.20 $1+$1 tourney on 888 poker. I use my standard strategy to play and this tactic works.

vavilen_

vavilen_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as a rule in knockout field tournaments are weaker! people are pursuing knockouts, not realizing that the main knockouts are focused on the final table!

BlackMamba

BlackMamba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I may be repeating myself but in knockout you have to realize your potential and play from the start. When will block your entrance - act brazenly, but do not exceed their capabilities. For the opening of your actions will give information opponents. First the goal is to get to baiyin, the second is to get into the prizes, and the third to be the best.

K

klada152

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of people open more hands because of bounties try to take advantage of that,and at early stages dont go crazy for bounties because compared to late stages of tournament they are nothing
So you need to shorten your shoveing range when you are short stack cause you will get called because of bounties

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They play pretty much like normal tournaments with a few exceptions.

- You get bounties so you can bust before money and still make money somtimes.

- People will call you lighter as mentioned before because of bounties so you have to tighten your shoves and limit bluffs.

- You should also figure peoples bounties into calling shoves as well.

I like the bounty tournaments for sure.