knockout tournament

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm a fan of knockout tournament, in it you have to play with conscience and aggressiveness, because the same helps you or breaks you in the game, it's very exciting ..

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Knockout tournaments are interesting...But I'm more relaxed tournaments.

I

ivanobe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes I like them

you can redeem part of the buy in with the bounties in case you are knock out out of the paid places

T

tcummo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seen some crazy calls when the bounties get big..i think its a 'maths' thing..

rossi007

rossi007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Knouckout tournaments

I love Kos as they give you the opportunity to get some money back before the prices.my tactic is to play solid in start and when i got enough pot play more aggressive... especially the small stucks.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I also prefer tournaments with knockouts. They always have the opportunity to win some money. My favorite format.
Good luck.

otzme

otzme

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can not play this kind of tournament, I easily fall into temptation.

luiaguila

luiaguila

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you are right they are pure adrenaline and seeing money to eliminate players you feel a little better with your game since you see results at the moment and you do not even have to win or be first to have the best prize

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
these tournaments are good I like them you can make money with out even winning the tournaments

Vuske111

Vuske111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah i like knockout tournaments too because there is a lot of weird situations because everyone wants that knockout money

iriska

iriska

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
very often I want to play such tournaments more aggressively, but not always it brings good results.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you knock everyone out and takedown the tournament, it is a considerable cash win. Those are fun.

B

boonvech

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never play this kind of games, but it is interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
PuMa8818

PuMa8818

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
great tournaments to build a bankroll when you get a ticket from a freeroll))

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
those tournaments are a bit exciting and stressful at the same time and more if at your table you have the most bounty, the few times I've played it my friends tell me not to focus on the bounty, that I focus on the game

F

felipeanicio

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not like it, I find many kamiazes players, who want to eliminate the other soon and end up going with bad hands.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I also like these tournaments. Sometimes it's a little annoying that players play weak hands and win. But this is poker, it happens.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Me too !

I like the knockout tournaments a lot better than the re-buy tournaments. I don't like having to knock the same player out multiple times in the re-buy tournaments.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I like to play this game. Most importantly, do not hunt for the heads of opponents with marginal hands because you can become a victim yourself.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Knockout tournaments and value

Hi All,

im a big fan of knockout tournaments because they represent real value for all players. I have noticed that pro players play KO tourneys far more these days and i am sure it is all connected to Bankroll Management..
Running deep in a KO can yield profit even if you do not make a final table so ITM statistics can benefit from this.
Investing money in KO tourneys moving forward is something i will be looking at for sure.

Best Wishes

Pirateglenn:)

bkniefel

bkniefel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Knockouts have their ups and downs depending on how patient you are (in my opinion). Having the ability to have a bankroll that covers the game from the beginning will obviously stand out from the people that are trying to make money from this single tournament. This allows someone who has built the bankroll to access different parts of their game (using the knockout tournament) as a staging platform and overcome some obstacles in their game.

Personally, if you like them - Play them. Otherwise, if you're not happy in any game; you shouldn't be playing cards for a living or at all. :) Hope this helps!