***July MTT thread***

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is better to start a new thread each month than to have a long one dragging on month after month.....so here we go!!

I will be mixing mtt's and sng's this month. Not sure how many mtt's I will get in but starting with a few today.

Good luck to all of you!

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am sitting in the $33 Rebuy at Carbon, and Naruto is at my table. It`s only Level 2, though. No reason yet to suppose that either of us is going to go deep.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good luck! I just donked out of the 40k and still in the 20k at PS. Will probably play one more.

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Level 9 now. We are both still in and still at the same table. Middle of the pack but still with chances.

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
edit; i changed my mind MTT takes to long :(

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Arrgh, we are both out short of the money. I didn`t see what happened to Naruto. My QQ lost to JT all in pf. :confused:

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do 135 man Rush tounies count?

I played a couple and found them very frustrating, so now I'm playing a bunch trying to figure out a strategy.

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok, i have 1k BR, and want to focus on each game a become a better player, what stakes do i play up to?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I plan to play the double duece on tilt, and make it my weekly tournament. Plus some others on stars, the sunday tournaments are great, however they start at arond 4AM my time... anyone reccomend some tournies for my to try? up to 20 is my limit for MTT's, im really not very good at them...

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok, i have 1k BR, and want to focus on each game a become a better player, what stakes do i play up to?

I would suggest you invest no more than 2% of your BR in any one tourney. So, up to $20 buyin.

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I plan to play the double duece on tilt, and make it my weekly tournament. Plus some others on stars, the sunday tournaments are great, however they start at arond 4AM my time... anyone reccomend some tournies for my to try? up to 20 is my limit for MTT's, im really not very good at them...

Try looking at the Ongame Network. They have tournies specifically intended for Australian players and timed to fall mid-evening your time. I haven`t played in them myself, because they would obviously be at an inconvenient time for me, and so can`t say what the numbers of players or standard of play is like. Can`t hurt to look though.

As far as I know, CC has no link. Try googling (for example) Hollywood Poker. They have an interactive tournament calendar on the website, and you can set it to show all the scheduled tournies for the week in your local time.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I fell off the roof I can't hit the ground. Bad bad start to july.

I've been reduced to freerolls, FPPS, and cc games.:(

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks egon, think im going to be a bit more conservative and play freeze outs up to $15 and rebuys up to $3

in a bunch today on FTP, stars, party and ipoker :D

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try looking at the Ongame Network. They have tournies specifically intended for Australian players and timed to fall mid-evening your time. I haven`t played in them myself, because they would obviously be at an inconvenient time for me, and so can`t say what the numbers of players or standard of play is like. Can`t hurt to look though.

As far as I know, CC has no link. Try googling (for example) Hollywood Poker. They have an interactive tournament calendar on the website, and you can set it to show all the scheduled tournies for the week in your local time.
Hmm, ok, thanks a lot :D

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
[old link~tb]

KC final tabling $5 rush. gogogo

Last edited by a moderator:
P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you call here?

It's a $1 rebuy MTT, I'm pretty low on chips with a chance to triple up. Also, rebuy period ends in 1 minute and if I do lose this hand, I can just double rebuy for almost the same stack and take the add on option. Or should I just play smart and fold my possibly beaten hand?

I think in a regular MTT, this is an easy fold but during rebuy MTTs, even though I think I should fold in this situation, is it ever right to take that chance for the triple up or better? Especially when you're a short stack as it is?

pokerstars Game #46656429604: Tournament #288447216, $1.00+$0.10 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XII (150/300) - 2010/07/11 21:24:29 PT [2010/07/12 0:24:29 ET]
Table '288447216 73' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
Seat 1: pumarock16 (8920 in chips)
Seat 2: acegunner11 (22070 in chips)
Seat 3: lilsquaw75 (3665 in chips)
Seat 4: seahawk747 (2970 in chips)
Seat 5: Devilman443 (14005 in chips)
Seat 6: hartsell83 (6335 in chips)
Seat 7: DanMan123 (5310 in chips)
Seat 8: TRM_SHRiMP (4290 in chips)
Seat 9: Great_Weezer (7260 in chips)
pumarock16: posts the ante 40
acegunner11: posts the ante 40
lilsquaw75: posts the ante 40
seahawk747: posts the ante 40
Devilman443: posts the ante 40
hartsell83: posts the ante 40
DanMan123: posts the ante 40
TRM_SHRiMP: posts the ante 40
Great_Weezer: posts the ante 40
TRM_SHRiMP: posts small blind 150
Great_Weezer: posts big blind 300
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to TRM_SHRiMP [6s 6d]
pumarock16: raises 8580 to 8880 and is all-in
acegunner11: calls 8880
lilsquaw75: folds
seahawk747: folds
Devilman443: folds
hartsell83: folds
DanMan123: folds
TRM_SHRiMP: ???

bonflizubi

bonflizubi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
trim- being the last hand of rebuy period and you not having much of a stack, I'd call.

If you lose the hand double rebuy and addon (Assuming 2k chips per rebuy)
If it's 1k chips per rebuy then call it a day.

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you call here?

Yes, following the same line of thought as expressed by Bonflizubi.

Just a word of caution, though. If either villain is a nitty player and can be assumed to be holding a higher pair, you should fold as this greatly lessons your chances of success (because you would have to improve).

For example:

If the opponents held Ad Jh, and Kc Qc, you would be approx 32% to win.

But change that to Ad Jh, and 9s 9c and your chances drop by almost half, to 17%.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really looking forward to putting in some volume in mtts this month! 2k+ month is my goal alreadyclose to half way there!

Last edited:
No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really hope this downswing in my live tournaments is over by the end of the month...

Attachments

• downswing.JPG
    downswing.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 88
W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ill be joining in this thread from now on, ill be solely playing MTT's. Probably only have two days to play, sunday and monday, ill be lookig to satty into sunday millions and others. Now, for you MTT grinders, what sort of volume are you getting in per day? 10 tournaments?

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now, for you MTT grinders, what sort of volume are you getting in per day? 10 tournaments?

Only about 5-6 in my case. I work full time, so can only play in the evening after dinner. I will start off with four tournies because that fits onto my monitors nice and big and without overlap, and maybe add one or two replacements if I get knocked out of some in the first couple of hours.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't worked my schedule out yet - have to get caught up here at CC first but will be playing what I can til then.

robhimself

robhimself

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey Deb, are you going to be getting into the MTT sngs? If you are we should set up a study group for them on here, I'm going to be focusing on them and grinding them hard the next couple of months, and I don't mind helping some players who are new to the format out with pushbotting and ICM calculations. Let me know.

PS... Can you get rid of this stupid 7 post a day thing for me?