Joining in a bounty too late.

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think i joined the bounty yesterday too late. 28 mins before late reg ends, my starting stack was 5000 and Blinds started with 200/100 and some ante and it was turbo... What u guys think? whats your take on this? are you able to join so late and grow the stack anyway with ease?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you join a bounty tournament, when players have already been eliminated, you are not even contending for the full price pool. This is obviously not a good deal, so with this kind of tournament you really want to be there on time or at least within the first 1-2 blind levels.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think i joined the bounty yesterday too late. 28 mins before late reg ends, my starting stack was 5000 and Blinds started with 200/100 and some ante and it was turbo... What u guys think? whats your take on this? are you able to join so late and grow the stack anyway with ease?
i late register all the time. 25 bbs is way more than enough to build a stack and make it deep.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
normal game stack - the main ability to play with such a stack, because of the bounty you will be widely closed - this will make it possible to increase your stack or fly out of the tournament

L

ledris

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think in bounties it has a lot of difference if you register earlier. You have more chances to have bigger stack than your enemies and try to take their bounties!

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a good situation for a quiet game. The 22bb turbo tournament is not very good. In this situation, there is only one strategy, all in and an attempt to double the pot... A good hand can sometimes take a very long time to wait... turbo tournaments I suggest playing from the very beginning, so that there is an opportunity to play, to maneuver! good luck)

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think in bounties it has a lot of difference if you register earlier. You have more chances to have bigger stack than your enemies and try to take their bounties!

true true. so now we stand statistically 50-50 so far as to preference of entering a bounty based on all opinion... i wonder where i can bloom at all.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
man I think it's kind of more difficult if you are lucky to get a top pair right away then yes you grow up in the game, now and good in tournaments like this you enter in the beginning to adapt with the opponents and extract chips.

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the end of registration, you will often be in a situation when all in big stack goes against you. It’s good if you have strong hands. It is beneficial to play in the bounty tournament from the beginning of the tournament because the game will have more money for knocking out and you will get the opportunity to win more.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, playing from the beginning of the tournament is more profitable. There are more opportunities to knock someone out and fill the stack

M

moshie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you late reg and have only around 25 bbs or less your going to have to get your stack in maybe 2 to 3 orbits. Once your down under 20 bbs and find AQ suited or better 10,10 your going to have to make a move. Your going to get callers because players with large stacks are willing to come after you even if their hands has around 40 % equity against your hand. The reverse is true if you have JJ and it's raised pre flop won't you want to isolate to have have a 60% edge against a hand like AK. You will have to be willing to flip because of your shallow stack.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Of course, playing from the beginning of the tournament is more profitable. There are more opportunities to knock someone out and fill the stack

No it is not. Lets say you join when tournament started like 20-30+ mins ago then you may easily get to some table where atleast 1 guy is already very close to be eliminated ... This option is surely much better than the one you described ...

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
In bounty tournaments, registration at the initial levels is very important, at late registration you will have very few chips and most of the villains will try to eliminate you since it is more likely that you have more chips than you

M

masha535

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, this is not good, since the players in this tournament already have large stacks and they will try to knock you out by playing a large range of hands .It will be very difficult to fight them .... In my opinion it is already a question of luck)))

H

hidayat1990

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my opinion it is always worth starting the races on time, the blind levels will rise quickly and you will lag behind the others, they can easily be highlighted, or if the turnaround is not favorable I will eat the blind and quickly win the bounty.

V

valts102

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a good idea,becouse its harder to win some bounties

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that this is not too short a stack, of course in the beginning it is better to wait for a strong hand and quickly double, and then play your game.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
In general register early in a freezout MTT is the most +EV move because you will play against more weak opponents . so gathering chips will help you play more comfortably later on.
On the other hand in super high stakes tournaments many MTT pros have a massive disadvantage playing against cash games players because of the deep stacks in the early stages.So play with 25-40 bbs is the normal for a tournament player.

In a KO tournament I think this is a mandatory strategic move. Gathering chips and bounties , in other words freerolling is a sweet feeling before the bubble. Personally I try to play those from the very first levels.

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm,of course you have better chance if you start from beginig.
But if you hit few good hands it is not too late.
With one good all in you are good to continue.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yeah i wouldnt reg super late but i don't like to reg early cause the blinds are so low and its less action (to win a bounty) cause they dont wanna stack off so many bb's that early

i normaly wait between 30min-45min after the tournament started to join to give me a chance to win a bounty(s)

7CardKillR

7CardKillR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Late reging bounties is especially bad. it drives up your variance reduces your ROI. lots of the loose chips available early have already found their way into the hands of the better players and you dont earn much vs them you earn most from the bad playersd who have already on average busted their stacks. you don't have the chip stack coverage to try to bust people for their bounties which is where a ton of equity is locked up. Its actually possible to win the tourney but to be awarded the 2nd prize monetarily unless the prize pool is top heavy

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is a very bad idea especially for MTT bounty. it is better to join a bounty from the start to improve your chances of making a profit.

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes it is difficult to enter the beginning of some tournaments, so I have the option to wait until the next tournament starts, or enter what is already underway.

Due to my available time I prefer to enter the tournaments that are already underway, sometimes I will fight for a smaller amount in the prize pool, but still I can get a good reward.

Bountybuilder tournaments are good because some players will have good accumulated value in their bountys, in addition to having the possibility of falling into a table where several players have a low stack.

maestro121920

maestro121920

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it is not advisable to late reg in a bounty game. You should start at the very first level because you need a healthy stack to bust out the other players.