JL’s Latest Book

sammy22

sammy22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Greetings everyone,

To those of you who have read Jonathan Little’s latest book, “Mastering Small Stakes No-Limit Holdem”.......

Would you say that it’s geared mostly towards tournaments or cash games?

It states that it’s for both small stakes cash games and tournaments, but aren’t they totally different games and to write a book for both strategies would be so difficult no?

Thanks for any opinions!

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Its not really about cash or tournament play. If a basic book on how to play poker. This being said it not that simple of a book. This is about deep thoughtful play of poker. While this book is great for beginners it very valuable for the intermediate players as well. I was a bit shocked at what and how much I learned from this book and highly recommend it.

P

pecam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Greetings everyone,

To those of you who have read Jonathan Little’s latest book, “Mastering Small Stakes No-Limit Holdem”.......

Would you say that it’s geared mostly towards tournaments or cash games?

It states that it’s for both small stakes cash games and tournaments, but aren’t they totally different games and to write a book for both strategies would be so difficult no?

Thanks for any opinions!
I think it 's better to see videos than books because ofently they are a little bite old and so the strategy are not good anymore

sammy22

sammy22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it 's better to see videos than books because ofently they are a little bite old and so the strategy are not good anymore

I hear what you’re saying about books quickly becoming outdated, especially the older ones by certain authors perhaps.

BUT the JL book is very GTO (game theory optimal) and the strategies are supposedly unexploitable. I don’t see it becoming outdated anytime soon. Just was wondering if it’s geared towards cash or tournaments.

sammy22

sammy22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its not really about cash or tournament play. If a basic book on how to play poker. This being said it not that simple of a book. This is about deep thoughtful play of poker. While this book is great for beginners it very valuable for the intermediate players as well. I was a bit shocked at what and how much I learned from this book and highly recommend it.

Thanks for the reply....it’s very appreciated!

So these strategies and preflop hand charts can be used for both types of games?

F

forest_leaves

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im currently reading that book, its geared towards cash games heavily, although some concepts can be adapted to tournaments too I think like the pre flop charts

He also has another book for small stakes tournaments, pick that up if you are interested in tournaments

sammy22

sammy22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im currently reading that book, its geared towards cash games heavily, although some concepts can be adapted to tournaments too I think like the pre flop charts

He also has another book for small stakes tournaments, pick that up if you are interested in tournaments

Hey Forest,

Can you tell me the name of the other book he has for small stakes tournaments?

F

forest_leaves

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Forest,

Can you tell me the name of the other book he has for small stakes tournaments?

Secrets of Professional Tournament Poker by Jonathan Little, its 2 volumes I think, but theres a ton of information in the first book alone, I do have volume 1 but I haven't gone through it

sammy22

sammy22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the info forest! Very much appreciated.