JJ at the final table

Tenek26

Tenek26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, what do you think a hero should do? What is the villain's hand?

itm zone, final table

hud stats vpip/pfr/postflop agg

villain1 bu (11bb) 19/12/7.5
villain2 sb (26bb) 32/29/3.2
villain3 bb (2bb) 18/11/2.4
villain4 utg (26bb) 21/12/1.0
villain5 mp1 (16bb) 39/25/4.5
Hero mp2 (13bb) JJ
villain6 co (20bb) 23/16/1.2

utg fold, mp1(16bb) raise 2 bb , hero?

hero push, villain call and show AQo

fur90

fur90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only call when someone rise you must fold . When flop turns if j is highest card all in

Y

yoejslattery

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would shove. There are only 3 hands that you are dominated. Villain could be raising lower pocket pairs, KQ, AQ, AK, even KJ, QJ since he seems to be the most aggressive at the table. He should be folding some of that range to a 3 bet shove but most likely will call with a lot of it. you are the shortest stack so need to double up. This may be your last best shot. the money is all at the top so no reason to try and wait it out.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would raise all in here. If we just win the blinds we are OK with it. If the call we should be i great shape unless we run into a monster and if that happens it poker. There is one very short stack in the BB we might be called by but that's fine as well.

C

Cash2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! This is a rather difficult situation, on the one hand there is a short stack with 2 bb at the table, and you can wait a bit while the blinds eat it. On the other hand, the 13 bb stack is reasonably short and you can try to double your stack in order to try to get a higher prize. I think I would click all in.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
All-in push 100% of the times.

Only exceptions would be some kind of bubble or satellite situation.

Normal tournament and you get to play for your little stack with a very good hand. Go all-in with a smile.

A

Alfaomega

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would raise all in here.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course you have to all-in, otherwise why then do you play poker?

M

Megadonk666

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would shove as if u double up here u are in good shape to win tourney and if loose the money difference of the payjump is not huge as usually the big pay jumps are 4 first places. Also there is the possibility that the villain folds and u get the blinds.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion the question is about the raiser's hand strength. Does he have a marginal hand and is testing the waters or he has a monster and tries to trap an all-in shove, faking weakness. Anyhow, all-in before the flop with JJ for me is more of a semi-bluff than a value bet.

N

Nomahoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shove city. JJ cracked my aces on saturday, well, so did K10. Really though, final table, you gonna wait for a better hand? Go for the win!

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, with 13bb, I think it's a clear push.

gl mate:)

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
13bb play only all-in, JJ is a good hand for that.

CullinanPoker

CullinanPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Id have to agree and shove in that position

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not good at push-fold, but with 13 bb I think it's push. AA at the final table may not be handed out. And then there is fold equity and you will stand quite well against AQo. The pocket pair has stable equity.

Tenek26

Tenek26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks to everyone for the feedback, but let's try to see what the poker calculator will say about this. As an assistant, let's ask for help the most famous of them - icmizer. He claims that all-in is a plus in this situation, and suggests using a wide enough range to flip a coin.

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the Price jump between 7th and 6th is not really big, so you can't fold JJ with a 11bb stack.

calling here to see a flop is a waste of Chips because you will see more than 50% of the time an overcard.

what did the BB do with his 2bb stack? :D

RickoNNN

RickoNNN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello

There are different styles, I would play everything, I like to take risks so I would bet everything, very good situation.

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, this is easy Push. Especially with a 13bb stack

BoyNamedSude

BoyNamedSude

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I went all in with 99 on the final table recently, and was called with a AJ and I lost with an A on the flop... it was sad, and maybe i should not have done it, but that is in hindsight... I believe I have cured my desire to be as feisty down in the last table, and get a bit higher payout... i was in 2nd place at the time, and finished 7th after i lost all my chips...on that hand...motoconcho...
I should have... I would have... I could have... but i didn't!
We play within a range of risk... its only after we get "out-risked" we lose...
In your case:captain:, many players on the board, likely holding A,K or Q, and other good cards that they like... don't fight them...

Last edited:
Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not enough information. However it seems that Jj can easily play all in.

eurosTotnd

eurosTotnd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy jam All in , Icm pressure and if you get called by AK OR AQ you have good chance to win

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd have gone all-in hoping to win the blinds.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I really have bad memories from JJ , either in tournaments or in satellites for them . If my stack is low or I have good odds from other stacks' shoves to call or to reshove , it's good for me , or else usually I have problems on the flop lol , not always , but usually :)