weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
your playing an MTT you are 47/350 , the min cash starts at 305 , you got AJs on the bb and sb shoves you barely cover him , but your sure you got the better hand , i think the right move is to call but would love to hear other opinions about it , as for me i called he had K7o and did hit a K on the flop i finished 304.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the thought process was okay but you have to remember that if you are going to call with pratically your tournament life on the line even though you have the player beat starting hand wise it is still a toss up therefore if you have more chip advantage then the player moving all-in rather than barely covering the all-in, the AJ call makes more sense.

In my opinion build up your chip advantage to lessen the blow if you lose an all-in duel. Your thought is good but your stack is too comparable to risk your tournament life.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fold a lot pre flop to all ins. How many BB was it was this life chaning/altering money on the bubble?

U

Unashamed88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A bit greedy IMHO. Unless you've got alot of hand info on the villain here I say it is a no call. Most people don't attempt to stack off like that so close to the bubble. I'm very surprised you weren't beat here preflop.

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand that you felt you were ahead but I don't think I would've risked my tourn. in that spot . Your play was fine but I would like to pick a better spot to put my chips in .

A

ankitgupta45

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would love to know ur stack in terms of BB. Anything less than 20 seems a standard call to me. And its not like you r very close to money . Most players make huge mistake by passing on proftable spots just to be ITM . Here i beg to differ from rest of the players. Just look at it this way , u call his shove when u know he is loose and u win the pot. Suddenly u have 40 BB and a big bubble coming to abuse to chip up more and more. There are times when u would just mincash or not mincash when u lose 60% equity pots , and there will be times when u would win these pots and have a real shot at making into big money up top. U decide which is better for u - High variance route or low variance !

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let him have it, play small ball til the bubble is hit.

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t think at that point it was worth the risk to call. Wait till your in the money then pick your battles.

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What stands out for me in your scenario is your position in the tournament 47/350. For me it's a no brainer...fold. Even if you thought the SB had a somewhat wide shoving range it's still not worth a call because there are a number of hands in that range where your best advantage going in would be 65%-35%. That's too much of a risk for most of your stack. And, you were so close to the "big" money in 47th. One or 2 good hands and you're looking at the final table.

E

EL1t1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is too strong of a hand to fold to the jam IMO, i would always call this blind vs blind, unless it was like really deepstack tourney and that was for like insane amount of blinds im calling anything thats 30bbs or less, against some opponents even higher :)

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
i had around 50 BB something like that and min cash was the buy in back. thanks everyone for your replies it helped me with my game , last night i played the same tournament again and this time i didnt take much risks to get to the first places , i finished 17th , i shoved with JJ vs TT i got unlucky a Ten showed on the flop , but still great to see myself improving and can count on you guys for advices when needed , love this community ) have a nice day and good luck at the tables <3

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would add the same thing that most said. It is better not to risk it and wait for the best case to increase the stack and justify the win. You can risk only with a large pocket pair. What you actually did in the future. But you just have no luck on the flop.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Chip EV it's a call 100% of the time no questions asked.

It's nice to at least min cash, but all the money is up top in mtt's. So imo you play to win, and take every +EV spot you are offered, and if you min cash great, if you make the FT and 10-15x your buyin EVEN BETTER.

Because if you fold here, then the small blind(any position for that matter) can profitably shove any 2 cards into your big blind and auto profit, because they know you are nitting it up at the bubble and will only call with QQ's+ and AK

Being scared to call and folding because of the min cash bubble is not a good way to think about this spot. Sometimes you will lose the flip and be super short and possibly not min cash, but a higher % of the time you will almost double up and be sitting pretty for a deep run.

Now when you are on the FT or close to a huge money jump, ICM pressure does become a thing, and in certain instances, you could possibly fold in this scenario. But this will be exceedingly rare circumstance where there are a few extremely short stack's about to bust and you are on a huge pay jump bubble.

This all is my opinion. gl

Last edited:
pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
personally I do not like to risk a lot with AJ and that way, maybe I would have just paid to see, just because they were AJs or I just would not have bet, depending on how I saw my opponent played

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With a large stack with AJs in the position to me if no one raises, I would have made 3bet plus 1bet 1 limp. I think that your opponent with the K7 would fold the hand pre-flop. If I would have a small stack, I would play a limp, and would prefer to see the flop.

Lorpugo

Lorpugo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play heads up games. If my opponent is equal skill with me and I know my hand is 1% better than him I call the shove. If I think I have edge 5% and my haND is 6% favorite I call. This is with equal stack sizes if he has advantage stacks 2:1 even if I have advantage 10% I call with 5% more equity. So from my point of view good call

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to continue to play tight when I have a good ranking but if I accumulate enough information about my opponent and I'm sure to have the right hand preflop.I would try the shot while trying to see the flop without putting too many chips.