Is it better to stay away from Turbo games?

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone actually get ahead on Turbo games? They seem to be a horse race.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're a tight player , then yes I recommened you stay far away from them. Turbos are Built for more of an aggressive style. You're Reactions have to be quick , not much time to think. I personally Love them, The games always moving

B1731898

B1731898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree not the best idea if you're a tight player. I usually don't play turbos. Sometimes I do if my options are limited, and it does have an advantage. If you do well relatively early, you can take a deep breath while other players are frantically trying to get ahead later on.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree not the best idea if you're a tight player. I usually don't play turbos. Sometimes I do if my options are limited, and it does have an advantage. If you do well relatively early, you can take a deep breath while other players are frantically trying to get ahead later on.

Exactly , You mash early on when the blinds are small. Then when you're up over 100bb it literally is like watching dominos because the Bubble comes so damn quick and people start to panic before the first break. best time to collect chips

PelyaMX

PelyaMX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also like to play a normal speed tournaments (slow & very slow tours - take too much time)... but when you have family & many different staff to do & simply do not have much free time so mostly I have to play Turbo tours & have to confest They more about LUCK not about your SKILLS ..
So very often I have to play Turbo tours 3- 6 min. level (coz of Lack of time) but I love to play more tours with 10 -15 min levels.

C

Cloxy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If just fun so why not. You just should be more aggressive then you are. Maybe you are taught to play some kind of hands that you didn't play before. I think ability to adaptation is important in poker.

Stevan

Stevan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see turbo/hyper games as coin flips each hand. You maybe have some time in the beginning but later not so much. That's why I don't play them.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fast slow high or low,heads up 3 max to 9 max will play and try to win.:D

Last edited:
R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never played in turbo tournaments due to the fact that I love to play slow tournaments with the usual time between the growth of blides. Turbo tournaments look like a lottery game.This is what I don't like.

anasslaaleg

anasslaaleg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Turbos and Hyper, it's fun, but sometimes you find yourself need much luck in situations where you have to flip to survive, you must play very aggressive and if you're a tight player it's not advisable, it takes time to reflect and build your stack gradually, speed can make you make bad decisions or bad shots due to variance.

S

swanet83

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont like turbo games either but I know its because Im play pretty tight for a loose players its an option to play

B1731898

B1731898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Exactly , You mash early on when the blinds are small. Then when you're up over 100bb it literally is like watching dominos because the Bubble comes so damn quick and people start to panic before the first break. best time to collect chips
Exactly. Sit back and watch the show.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For MTT and STT it is better to stay away from the turbo mode since the ranges are modified you should generally expand it to play more and avoid your stack being diminished by the blinds

gillbates21

gillbates21

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
normal play is too slow, turbo is just fine... but hyper, that is a real lottery most of the time

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It depends on how you play, if you are the type of player who must wait a lot to play or do not have control when the blinds are increasing rapidly or if you do not like them at all, then yes, you must stay away from that type of tournaments, otherwise if you want to learn or have more experience in turbo tournaments you should take risks from time to time but not in high buy-in tournaments in 1st place in sng, then in low buy-in tournaments, one of the ways to have experience, agility is playing those tournaments, practice and more practice

M

MadMan999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turbo tournaments are very lucky tournaments. In this type of tournaments it's hard to have edge because blinds grow up very fast and you should to play push/fold.

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think so. it goes very fast. and in my opinion its totally gambling. you need to get good hands and be lucky

k0dka

k0dka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play turbo MTTs to learn push/fold and short stack play. It is also fun and very emotionally rewarding when you manage to pick the best spots to keep your head above the average. The downside is, of course, higher variance which is only made worse by ultra-aggresive players in the micro stakes.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think so. it goes very fast. and in my opinion its totally gambling. you need to get good hands and be lucky

Poker is Gambling lol. I mean the only time you're really pushing all in and praying is when you've gotten behind on the blinds. They're fun if you're not an anxious person

PelyaMX

PelyaMX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone actually get ahead on Turbo games? They seem to be a horse race.

I say - Turbo game (espicialy tournaments) is cool!
But you have rely on luck ! & play them with fun & smile don't take them too serious!))
There are more luckiness than your skills.
Personaly me - I'm playing them from time to time // )

Top 10 Games