Intro & general queries
long-time lurker and just had a few queries. Firstly a bit of background, playing online about 2 yrs, losing player, nothing i can't afford but probably $60/mth. Loose aggressive would be the kindest way to describe me, with ++ leaks; a few off the top of my head,
- overplaying small-medium pairs,
- ignoring pot-odds to call with a draw,
- continuation betting on a missed flop (often fire two more barrels),
- obviously playing too many hands which leads to my biggest downfall, since if i'm in it, i'll try an win it with air.
- Not great, although improving, at putting opponent on a hand.
Play on Stars, moslty $5/$10 DON's, losing over relatively small sample, and have started trying 180 $4.40s & 180 man $3r. Don't like cash games.
Anyhoo, got 2nd in a tourney and was planning to keep some of the winnings as a bankroll. Was thinking $600. My plan is to play 2 or 3x $20.80 DON's and an MTT. Was thinking 180 $4.00/3r, but as much as there are chips to be had if you're patient, I feel the variance may be more than i'd like, so was considering any 45man non-turbo, or the $6.75 90man knock-out.
I appreciate playing 20.80 don after losing at $5 & $10 isn't ideal but was really wondering if that bankroll is sufficient for $20 DON + MTT, and what MTT you could recommend. Also any advice welcomed.
As it goes have played 71 $20 DON and have 3% ROI. Know this doesn't mean anything, for many reasons, but just to illustrate that i'm trying to become a more TAG.