Total posts
Awards
Chips
Min cash is 3.5x of buyin. Players pays at 81 currently 84

You are on the SB with AA 15BB.

UTG+1 raise to 2.2BB, 20BB stack
Cutoff raise to 6BB, 40BB stack

Hero Action, Call or Shove with 15BB?

Is it better to go 3way for a triple up, or 2way heads up with AA and forgo some equity because of ICM?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Easy shove. Flatting will commit you to the pot, so it looks excessively strong, and unless UTG+1 is completely clueless, he will understand this, and he might actually even be more inclined to fold. And against CO this is a prefect spot to jam with AA, because he is kind of committed to call it off with most of his range. Whereas if you slowplay and let him see a flop, he might actually get away, if the flop is bad for his hand. You on the other hand can never fold, so if he crack your aces, you are flying out of the tournament regardless.

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I totally agree with a shove here. I don't think UTG+1 will be focused so much on you as on the CO. If they have little history between them there's a good chance he call your shove with a shove of his own. If he was thinking of taking on the CO he already knows he will most likely be playing for his entire stack. Your shove doesn't really change that thinking. And, of course, Fundiver's comment that a flat from you might lose the player(s) after the flop is bang on.

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would just push. Paying is not an option in this case. Maybe doubling is better than paying. But everything is the best option for sure.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If he was thinking of taking on the CO he already knows he will most likely be playing for his entire stack.

This is also a good point. As UTG+1 in this hand I would never put in 30% of my stack by calling a 3-bet out of position with intention to fold later. So even if noone else got involved, I would either fold, jam preflop or maybe now and then run a stop and go if I though, that might generate more mistakes from CO. In fact its someone unconcentional, that CO did not jam. But it can be explained, if either BTN or BB were also sitting on a large stack, so that he could still get away, if one of them woke up with a monster and put in a cold 4-bet.

vsawake01

vsawake01

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Medium stack is more important here (if want to triple up). Chance to do it not too large. Shove.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like others say, you should definitely shove here most of the time. But it does depend somewhat on the initial raiser. If he's extremely loose-passive, then cold-calling is a good option too because he'll call the 6bb much more often than a shove.

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With this stack I prefer to raise allin, there is not much to do with 15BB, trying to force some play here can give your opponent free cards to improve the hand, and due to the raises one or both will call your allin.

Due to being close to the bubble, some of the players will put you in a coinflip range and will call you thinking you have only a high ace, or a medium pair.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Things always depend on circumstances but IMO this is almost always a shove.